Notices

Drive for the Kids -- May 8 -- Bedminster, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010 | 01:40 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default Drive for the Kids -- May 8 -- Bedminster, NJ

All,

As I have previously mentioned, the 3rd "Drive for the Kids" to benefit the Somerset Hills Learning Institute (SHLI) will be held on Saturday May 8 (rain date is May 23). My daughter, Samantha, who is a junior in high school, is organizing this as a fundraiser for SHLI, which is a school for children with autism. My son, J.P., goes to this school, and SHLI has made a great difference in our lives. The event is open to all sports, exotic and collector cars. Here are the details:

Saturday, May 8
Check-in 9:30 to 10:30 am at SHLI in Bedminster, NJ
Drivers' Meeting 10:30
Depart 10:45 -- drive until 1 pm
Drive will be a casual tour of the country roads in Somerset, Hunterdon and Morris counties -- not a race!
1 pm -- lunch at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster
(Great car guy tie-in as this was John Delorean's former estate)

Cost is $100 per person (note -- per person, not per car)and includes lunch and a goody bag (Goody bags provided by Lamborghini of Bergen County). I would note that it is helpful to have a navigator but not required -- we try to stay together but is not always possible given traffic lights, etc. You will have detailed typed driving instructions.

We will have awards such as People's Choice, Best Ferrari, Best Lambo, Best Porsche, etc. along with some fabulous door prizes!

How do you sign up? Go to www.somerset-hills.org. Click on "Drive for the Kids" on the left side of the page. You can fill out the form online and pay via Paypal or credit card or if you prefer, print the form and send it to us.

Please note that, in addition to signing up as a participant, you can be a sponsor and put an ad in the program and/or contribute items to the goody bags. Of course, you can also just make a donation if you like.

I hope you all can attend. The first 2 Drives for the Kids have been alot of fun, and it's for a great cause. Many of you have attended and sponsored in the past, and I think you can attest that this is a first class event. My wife is a professional event organizer, and I am a car guy so Samantha has good resources to draw upon. :-)

Finally, I would suggest signing up sooner rather than later as we have limited spots (60 ish cars)given the size of the parking lot at SHLI, and it will be first come first served. We will probably close registration a few days before the event and there will be no day of event registration (given the need to have a precise count for lunch at Trump). Thanks.

Regards,

Kirk
Old 04-07-2010 | 04:40 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Just bought a ticket.
Old 04-08-2010 | 12:38 AM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Just bought a ticket.
Thanks, Damian.
Old 04-08-2010 | 02:50 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default Any pictures?

You have any pictures from the last event? I'm a photographer/videographer/philanthropist so I have multiple interests in such an event. Tell me more, I might want to attend and record the event.
Old 04-08-2010 | 05:34 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
You have any pictures from the last event? I'm a photographer/videographer/philanthropist so I have multiple interests in such an event. Tell me more, I might want to attend and record the event.
Yes, we had a professional photographer at the last event. You can see the photos at

http://achman.zenfolio.com/drive

Kirk
Old 04-09-2010 | 03:51 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Nice picture! Looks like good times!
Old 04-09-2010 | 04:32 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Kirk, what's the dress code for lunch at Trump? Should I throw a blazer in the back seat for when we finish the ride?
Old 04-30-2010 | 02:56 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default Deadline to sign-up is May 6

Although we are keeping this small, we still have room for a few more cars. Hope to see more Porsche guys there.

And, Damian, sorry I didn't see you question on Trump dress code -- I will check on that.
Old 05-04-2010 | 03:19 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Kirk, what's the dress code for lunch at Trump? Should I throw a blazer in the back seat for when we finish the ride?
You don't need a blazer, but Trump does not allow any denim. You will have to leave the denim shorts/jacket outfit you have at home. :-)
Old 05-04-2010 | 05:21 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kmeighannj
You don't need a blazer, but Trump does not allow any denim. You will have to leave the denim shorts/jacket outfit you have at home. :-)
Now he's limited to cowboy, cop, Indian, biker, or sailor.
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2010 | 05:52 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Um, I don't even own a pair of jeans!
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:01 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default Your rim

Did you fix your rim Damian?

Um, I don't even own a pair of jeans!
Old 05-04-2010 | 10:08 PM
carlylespicks
Banned

Default Rain Saturday!!

They have INCREASED the chance of rain on Saturday! Think it's up to 60% from 40% yesterday.
Old 05-05-2010 | 12:00 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by carlylespicks
Did you fix your rim Damian?
No, I've been busy and haven't gotten to it yet. The rim is holding pressure quite well.
Old 05-06-2010 | 05:09 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default Postponed to our raindate of May 23 due to weather forecast of rain

40% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. Maybe the new date works better for some that have not signed up?

Quick Reply: Drive for the Kids -- May 8 -- Bedminster, NJ