Notices

Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
btg0079
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island

New to the Porsche community as well as this site. Wanted to see if there was anyone out there on Long Island?? I live in the Huntington area and wanted to see if there is anyone interested in getting a cars & coffee type thing together a couple of Sunday mornings with the upcoming better weather? I was thinking somewhere around Huntington Harbor or Coldsring Harbor on the water? Let me know if any interest...so many nice cars in the area, why not?
Old 03-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Oyster Bay here.

Many LI people on here, there have been a few meets and im sure as spring rolls around they will start picking up again.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Karl B
Advanced

Sunday mornings untill they start charging for parking, Captree Boat basin off ocean parkway has a huge gathering. Today there must have been 1000 cars, all types and tastes. Best cars and coffee on the east coast. After that there was the Porsche club autocross at Tobay beach today, Lots of Porsches there also.

March 14 and April 3 also autocross dates at Tobay Beach.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:29 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I will be doing the 2nd annual meet at my marina. Last year we had like 12 or so cars maybe a few more to bbq etc. Most of us are on the 964 forum but all pcar guys are welcome..
Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This Sunday morning, leave Huntington and take the LIE to the Sag. Cross the RM Causeway and take a spin into Captree. Then take the best highway in New York, the Ocean Parkway, to Tobay Beach. Lots of Porsches for the PCA Metro autocross. Stop and say Hi and meet some new friends. Continue on Ocean Parkway through Jones Beach to the Wantagh, and back north to the LIE.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Is Captree every weekend? If not, when does it start again.
Thanks, Rich
Old 10-05-2010, 05:26 PM
JnJNY
Advanced

Every weekend as long is it is not too cold or wet.

Bryan
Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

I have a home in Southampton and also in Westchester. This wknd is a Metro PCA event starting in White Plains, then out to tobay to meet the LI group, then all are running to Westhampton beach for lunch in Oaklands. However, you need to be a member and on the lunch list to get in. After, it's vineyards, lighthouse, etc. Whatever people want to do. You a member?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:38 PM
btg0079
Track Day

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
I have a home in Southampton and also in Westchester. This wknd is a Metro PCA event starting in White Plains, then out to tobay to meet the LI group, then all are running to Westhampton beach for lunch in Oaklands. However, you need to be a member and on the lunch list to get in. After, it's vineyards, lighthouse, etc. Whatever people want to do. You a member?
I am a member....I did not hear about this event. What are the details..day/times? I'd like to join in if possible.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM
mx22
Burning Brakes

I haven't heard of one either... It seems like Metro PCA has a secret schedule
Old 10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
I'm a member of metro but did not know about this. We were away for this weekend so I would not have been able to make it. How did it go?
I will take a ride to Captree next Sunday.
Rich
Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
I'm a member of metro but did not know about this. We were away for this weekend so I would not have been able to make it. How did it go?
I will take a ride to Captree next Sunday.
Rich
I only went to the Lunch, becasue the trek ended there and I came from Southampton. However, all said that the run for Westchester to there was a blast. The lunch went great and I met some great people. Namely the Metro PCA Trek Coordinator, Lew Pasquin. He invited me over to his table an we all hit it off. Next PCA trek, will be up to the Catskills' finger lake region. I am looking forward to that one.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by mx22
I haven't heard of one either... It seems like Metro PCA has a secret schedule
all you need is to go to the Metro PCA site. Then enter your e-mail address for the notification of all types of events you choose.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
richard181
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Captree is every Sunday. This time of year 8AM is a good arriving time. When it moves back to OBI the earlier the better as spots are limited.
There are a bunch of Porsche guys every week. Some go home and some go on to do other things. Just stop down and say hello.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:42 PM
everso
Cruisin'

do you guys still do any events in the winter? i know i'm not a Porsche owner....but it'd be nice to hang out with people into cars....i'm in brooklyn.

Quick Reply: Long Island