Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damian, that sounds like a nice run
Old 08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

I'd be in for that.

Not being able to organize drives is driving me nuts and there is a dire shortage of people organizing other drives.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,052 Likes on 1,232 Posts

I'm game.

Damian for rally master.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
I'd consider taking on managing a run when the leaves turn, going towards Peapack/Gladstone using Lake Rd (the most scenic spot I know in NJ, one and a half lane-very slow, but the most beautiful lake you've ever seen-and no one knows it) into Peapack/Gladstone-maybe we could stop at The Stable for a moment to see their cars-I'd set that in advance) then to Roxiticus Road over to RT 24 then back into Morristown.

I'd be up for that. I live on Lake Road (170 Lake -- at the corner of Lake and Hidden Valley). I can vouch for the comment that it is a beautiful spot -- the lake is essentially hidden -- you wouldn't know it was there unless you drove on Lake Road specifically. Stopping at the Stable would be a good idea -- always something interesting to see there.

Kirk
Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm up for that
Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

count me in... see you guys tomorrow....

Damian, sounds like a nice drive... set it up and Im there!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kmeighannj
I'd be up for that. I live on Lake Road (170 Lake -- at the corner of Lake and Hidden Valley). I can vouch for the comment that it is a beautiful spot -- the lake is essentially hidden -- you wouldn't know it was there unless you drove on Lake Road specifically. Stopping at the Stable would be a good idea -- always something interesting to see there.

Kirk
Kirk, do you belong to the club on the Lake? What a place for a photo op! I did drive by last week after the rains, and I've never seen it so brown and high. Tons of debris in the water. You'd be the one to place the call on the date, knowing when the leaves would be most beautiful. And isn't the name offically 'Hidden Lake'?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 AM
joemis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wellard,

This link contains photos of the covered bridge in NJ plus details of it's location: http://www.dalejtravis.com/bridge/ne...tm/3001001.htm
Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Kirk, do you belong to the club on the Lake? What a place for a photo op! I did drive by last week after the rains, and I've never seen it so brown and high. Tons of debris in the water. You'd be the one to place the call on the date, knowing when the leaves would be most beautiful. And isn't the name offically 'Hidden Lake'?
No, I am not a member. I think you have to have been born into the right family to become a member, and that is not me. :-) It was really bad after the rains -- water was up at road level in some spots, which is unheard of. The name of the lake is Ravine Lake. As for timing, probably in late October is when the leaves will look best.

I will add, however, that as I mentioned at yesterday's event, we are planning a short drive after the Cars & Croissants on August 23 (will start C&C later, say at 10 am). While the route has not been completely mapped out, I am leaning toward including Lake Road on the route and ending up at my house, which is about 1/4 mile or so after the end of the lake, for a casual lunch. Not finalized yet, but will be soon. Just need to put the final selling points together to go to my wife. :-)
Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by joemis
Wellard,

This link contains photos of the covered bridge in NJ plus details of it's location: http://www.dalejtravis.com/bridge/ne...tm/3001001.htm

Thanks! nice looking bridge.

Quick Reply: Car & Croissants 3 -- Chatham, NJ -- August 8