Notices

Southern Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:48 PM
blown daytona
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only is the color grey, but yes it is a gray market car.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
blown daytona
Intermediate

TYNUSKT, I have the same problem... I dont drive it enough. But if you drive the toys to much, they are not as fun anymore.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blown daytona
Not only is the color grey, but yes it is a gray market car.
Nice!

Well, Gary Raley got my alignment all taken care of.

But now working on the stumble issue. I changed plugs and no difference and then started driving real rough with a LOT of fuel. I must have a fuel control problem as at idle it is ok, but to accel i have to give a lot of throttle or it really bogs and then in higher revs and boost it really stumbles.

I am thinking it is a flat/default amount of fuel being added. So on low revs it is too rich and bogging and on higher revs/boost it is hesitating as too lean.

I will have my new wideband O2 hooked up today and will be able to see what the problem is but not sure what could be causing the problem.

It is almost like the fuel controller or AFM/MAF plug is disconnected and trying to run the car like that, but they are not disconnected.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
blown daytona
Intermediate

Good Luck. I know trying to diagnose something like that can get time consuming and frustrating. Your on the right track by checking the fuel mixture(the pipe did look pretty black). If it is good back to the ignition system.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:20 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where in Waldorf are you located and what type of service do you perform?

I own a repair shop in Waldorf. I have a customer who has us service his 86 951. It is red & has about 35K miles on it. Awesome condition car. The count is up to 5
Old 09-15-2008, 10:32 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Good Luck. I know trying to diagnose something like that can get time consuming and frustrating. Your on the right track by checking the fuel mixture(the pipe did look pretty black). If it is good back to the ignition system.
I'm leaning towards FPR now.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
blown daytona
Intermediate

We are located on Rt. 925 behind the IHOP www.blueribbonautoservice.com
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Wow, I'm right near there.. Thanks!

We are located on Rt. 925 behind the IHOP www.blueribbonautoservice.com
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any one Going to to Career Center Car Show on Sunday, September 21?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Car Show

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Any one Going to to Career Center Car Show on Sunday, September 21?
Please provide details. Linky if you have it.

Thanks,

Ken
Old 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Changed out the FPR and all was well.

Although, now my old problem of the turbo compressor housing backing/mounting plate is loose as two bolts are gone so this allows some boost to bleed and I can only make 15psi.

This happened a couple of years ago and to hold me over my mech in FL somehow was able to get two bolts in without pulling the intake until I could pull the intake and do it right but it held for so long I didn't not have to worry until recently.

Could you pm or email if you would be willing to pull the intake and install new bolts/washers etc. and a ball park on labor?

I'm pretty sure the turbo does not need to come out, just need to get to the back of the housing on the turbo.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:13 PM
NTI 911E
Old School
Rennlist Member

I went to college at St. Mary's College of Maryland. I have to say that in four years I'm pretty sure the only times I saw a Porsche south of the AA county border was seeing the pretty blue 997 Turbo parked across the street from the Calvert hospital, or when I was driving my E.

Great driving roads south of Annapolis though... AA, PG, Calvert and SM counties have some fantastic roads with little traffic except for the occasional horse and carriage.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NTI 911E
I went to college at St. Mary's College of Maryland. I have to say that in four years I'm pretty sure the only times I saw a Porsche south of the AA county border was seeing the pretty blue 997 Turbo parked across the street from the Calvert hospital, or when I was driving my E.

Great driving roads south of Annapolis though... AA, PG, Calvert and SM counties have some fantastic roads with little traffic except for the occasional horse and carriage.
I grew up here but have been down in FL for the last 14 years or so.

Funny that the back roads have not changed hardly at all in the time I have been gone.

I actually do my own little "St. Mary's Ring" rides starting from 235 south and down to St. Mary's campus on Mattapany Rd and up Rt. 5 past the school and back down Hermanville Rd. to 235 again.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toddk911
Changed out the FPR and all was well.

Although, now my old problem of the turbo compressor housing backing/mounting plate is loose as two bolts are gone so this allows some boost to bleed and I can only make 15psi.

This happened a couple of years ago and to hold me over my mech in FL somehow was able to get two bolts in without pulling the intake until I could pull the intake and do it right but it held for so long I didn't not have to worry until recently.

Could you pm or email if you would be willing to pull the intake and install new bolts/washers etc. and a ball park on labor?

I'm pretty sure the turbo does not need to come out, just need to get to the back of the housing on the turbo.
Oh, the above turned out to be the MBC (Accuboost) giving way and leaking. I put on my 5$ Home Depot back up controller and all was fine. Switching over to EBC now.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NTI 911E

Another St. Mary's College of MD graduate here I still drive my car down there and really enjoy taking it down there for the River Concert Series during the Summer

Quick Reply: Southern Maryland