Notices

Do you vote in PCA elections?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:25 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts
Default Do you vote in PCA elections?

Do you take part in the annual elections of your local PCA chapter? If not, what would it take to get you to do so?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

I suppose if i got to know these folks better i would vote but have not had the chance yet.What difference would it make anyway?PCA sponsored drives are rare and get togethers like the ones at Markham park dont happen often enough.Informal get togethers and drives where registration is not required...thats what i enjoy.My 2 cents.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Hold that thought.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:33 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Judging by the lack of response to the question, I am hearing a roar of apathy. What would it take to get you revved up and excited to be a PCA member?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Porsche dog ....you have my vote to run the show.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Danny_Ocean
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porschedog
Judging by the lack of response to the question, I am hearing a roar of apathy. What would it take to get you revved up and excited to be a PCA member?
Well organized monthly Porsche related events including shows, runs & swap meets. No perpetually complaining "geezers" or 50's music, please.

As to the apathy factor...we are in a Porsche-drought region and you are posting on a rarely read/visited forum. Pelican is just as slow for the SE. If this were the NE or Calif, you'd have a better response.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

The Gold Coast Region chapter of PCA is one of the largest PCA chapters, with about 1,000 members. What does it take for more of us to get active? The Hard Rock car show Could have been a PCA event.... I had the connection with Hard Rock. DCI was the group that responded. You want more PCA activities? Vote in the upcoming election.

Trending Topics

Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
What does it take for more of us to get active?
Speaking only for me, it's a lack of (accessible) events i.e. event cost and locations. I do not see overwhelming benefits to becoming a member.

Member benefits:
Subscription to Panorama - I could take it or leave it
Tech Publications - could be useful however RennTech and Rennlist have proven to be excellent resources for much of that kind of info
Discounts on specialized insurance - lost on me, my cars will probably never be concourse cars, I drive mine.
PCA only events - there do not seem to be many of those around here. Plus we are quite active and not always able to or available to drive more than an hour away to attend an event.
PCA Club racing - I simply cannot afford (time or money) to do any kind of DE at this point.
Camaraderie and Friendships - Well admittedly that's priceless, but i do not need to be a PCA member to make p-car friends... do I?
I love my Porsche and I can hardly believe i actually own one. I have always drooled over the mere mention of anything Porsche. It seems I am just not the right demographic yet for the current majority of PCA oriented activities. Maybe I'm just too young, perhaps when I retire I will have the time and the money to be an active member.

I don't know if that really helped you, but that is my reasoning behind not becoming a PCA member let alone an active one.

fwiw - I own another enthusiast car, and while the central florida area is not nearly as active as say the Tampa club, we do tend to communicate much more often on that forum, and we meet as an informal group at least once a month at a local wing place. Granted it is a much more accessible car and hardly exclusive in terms of the car itself, as well as affordable oem and after-market parts.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM
ernie944
Instructor

If this were the NE or Calif, you'd have a better response.

That's so through I am originally from NJ and the NNJRegion is very active I enjoyed autoxing up there and you would get 80-120 P cars at any event, I am just starting to get more active down here and it seems like nobody brings their ca's out there's ussally more X class cars then P cars I believe there's more P car's down here or least they're driving more often then up north but it doesnt seem that the people that own them care much for the enthusiam of owning one of them or what they where built for ( TO BE DRIVING ) it seem's more like the people down here that own P car just drive them for status.

The Hard Rock car show Could have been a PCA event.... I had the connection with Hard Rock. DCI was the group that responded. You want more PCA activities? Vote in the upcoming election.

I drove down to that show it was ok I drove down in my Gold SC if anybody saw it I was there but I figured there would have being a welcome tent for Rennlist people to gather so we can meet each other but there wasnt any so I just walked around with the wife. I could have gone to Porshefest in Mt. Dora instead but I choose to stay local but if I've would have gone to Porschefest at least I am sure there, I would have met some more P car people then at the Hard Rock. I am a PCA member and there's politics but it is a Political world every type of club will have Politics every body wants to be in charge and every body thinks they can do a better job it is what it is but if you live in south Florida come out to Hialeh Race track on June 10th to autocross if you've never done it before you will love it, if you've done it before come out and show us what you've got.

Hey Kabel how have you being ?

Ernie
Old 06-01-2007, 02:34 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

There was no Rennlist tent at the car show because A) it wasn't a rennlist event, B) who would have manned it? There wasn't a DCI tent only because the club itself is barely over a month old and we flat ran out of time to organize everything and get a booth set up. But we did have over 80 cars andthe place was hopping. We made a point of inviting more than just Porsches to make the show more interesting to the general public (they don't all know that P-cars are supreme, so we had to dumb it down). Four of the five DCI founders are PCA memebers, too - but we chose to form DCI to "fill in the gaps." I think it's a shame we had to do that. We've done Hialeah and it is fun. Our DE at Homestead will be pretty cool, too.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ernie944
I drove down in my Gold SC
Then you were the one driving behind me in my old blue car as was leaving? I could hear your stereo from my car

Pretty car!
Old 06-01-2007, 05:51 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

FWIW, I ran into 8 rennlisters on Sunday. It was great to finally meet in person. We'll make a point of creating a special way for us to recognize each other at future DCI events. Maybe we can all wear Wisconsin Cheese Head hats. Then again, maybe not.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Secret handshake? or maybe that white rennlist sticker on my quarter window was a giveaway....
Old 06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Juan,

As if anyone could miss seeing your cars...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
ernie944
Instructor

Yes that was me behind you then, Hello, I walked around the green and blue car a few times looking to see if I would meet someone from the list I guess I didnt time it right both very nice car' s
sorry if the music was to loud, its old Studio 54 disco I was listening too and it only sounds good loud.
i guess I'll meet you guys next time.

Ernie

Quick Reply: Do you vote in PCA elections?