Notices

Anyone (non dealer) in the Long Island / NY / NJ region with PIWIS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 01:05 AM
x2nervisx
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone (non dealer) in the Long Island / NY / NJ region with PIWIS?

I was wondering if there was anyone in the Long Island Ny or Nj or even Connecticut region that has a private owned PIWIS? Looking to get a few things coded (headlight modules and instrument cluster) for my 2009 957 Cayenne.

I have the Durametric and VCDS but they will not code these modules.
Old 04-23-2022, 07:42 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,041 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Check TKX in Huntington. Taso is the owner.
Old 04-24-2022, 11:04 PM
x2nervisx
Racer

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Check TKX in Huntington. Taso is the owner.

thanks. I’ll reach out to them
Old 04-24-2022, 11:33 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,041 Likes on 1,750 Posts

Originally Posted by x2nervisx
thanks. I’ll reach out to them
Thanks. feel free to mention my name
Old 04-27-2022, 01:42 AM
x2nervisx
Racer

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
Thanks. feel free to mention my name
I went to tkx today. They have a ton of nice cars there. I spoke the the manager there who spoke to the boss (Taso) and it seems that they are backed up and I have to make a reservation to be seen. The manager said they would have to charge an hour of shop time just to see the car and then charge for the coding. I didn’t want to wait a few weeks to be seen and possibly charge quite a bit of labor for maybe 15 minutes of programming. The manager even suggested to possibly do it myself somehow but I told him I have an Autel, durametric and VCDS and only PIWIS will be able to code my modules. I guess I’ll keep looking and it looks like I found someone privately with a bootleg PIWIS in jersey that I’ll try out.
Old 06-12-2022, 01:43 AM
cheesefries
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know if you end up finding someone. I may need someone to help code my radio amp to a 981 cayman. I also reached out to TKX a while back for other things for a quote and didn’t hear back.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:33 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

I have a PIWIS III that I'd be willing to lend out. I know zilch about coding though—so you'd be on your own there—but I can provide the hardware at least. Based in Brooklyn. Feel free to PM.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:28 PM
x2nervisx
Racer

I ended up meeting up with another member who reached out to me on here in New Jersey. He had an aftermarket PIWIS but successfully coded my modules. I ended up buying my own used PIWIS 2 tester on eBay and im currently trying to figure out how to install the software once I get the laptop I ordered in the mail. If I have it running soon I’ll try to help out.
The following users liked this post:
hoster (05-22-2023)
Old 05-22-2023, 04:49 PM
hoster
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I realize this is an older post and just got a 987 Boxster (2005, 2.7) which apparently needs the vehicle handover procedure which is only available on PIWIS II or beyond. A fellow Planet 9 forum member tried to help me in person (Princeston area) using x431 but it did not have the vehicle handover procedure available. Wondering whether you are close (in Summit / Berkeley Heights area) and/or can help me :-)
Old 05-24-2023, 08:35 AM
x2nervisx
Racer

Originally Posted by hoster
I realize this is an older post and just got a 987 Boxster (2005, 2.7) which apparently needs the vehicle handover procedure which is only available on PIWIS II or beyond. A fellow Planet 9 forum member tried to help me in person (Princeston area) using x431 but it did not have the vehicle handover procedure available. Wondering whether you are close (in Summit / Berkeley Heights area) and/or can help me :-)

I have a PIWIS 2 (I think it’s a 2). However I think I went to the same person in Princeton NJ to have my cayenne coded before I bought my own PIWIS. I believe I have the same software as the person from Princeton so I don’t think it will help you. But you’re more than welcome to try it out. I’m in Dix Hills Long Island.
hoster (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 10:04 AM
hoster
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by x2nervisx
I have a PIWIS 2 (I think it’s a 2). However I think I went to the same person in Princeton NJ to have my cayenne coded before I bought my own PIWIS. I believe I have the same software as the person from Princeton so I don’t think it will help you. But you’re more than welcome to try it out. I’m in Dix Hills Long Island.
Thanks for your reply and a small world.....looks like RPM9000 is helping alot of people. He used x431 software which did not have the handover procedure which I need to reactivate heated seats, etc. Just to clarify, you have the hardware but your software is NOT PIWIS II or III? I found this on youtube and basically same symptoms -
NYSport912 (12-16-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 02:24 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 569 Posts

The Auto Headquarters in Freeport may have one. Message me and I'll give you there info

Quick Reply: Anyone (non dealer) in the Long Island / NY / NJ region with PIWIS?