Notices

PA RT 6: need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 03:23 PM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC48
I guess everyone is different, but if you bought a Porsche, and you're taking the Porsche, and your considering the Route 6 trip, I would do it for sure. Worst case is you are underwhelmed and you wasted a few hours.
Oh, and if you are coming down I-84, then get off in Port Jervis and run NY-97 to Hancock, then work your way down to Route 6. Almost no time penalty and well worth it. NYSP do patrol it pretty heavily on the weekends (weekdays they are still around) and their Ka guns are sometime out of tune, so if you have a modern radar detector make sure you turn all the segments on for the NY portion.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:47 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

I guess everyone is different, but if you bought a Porsche, and you're taking the Porsche, and you're considering the Route 6 trip, I would do it for sure. Worst case is you are underwhelmed and you wasted a few hours.
We are doing it. Worst case scenario it's 2 extra hours in the car which I don't get to spend enough time in anyway. And if it doesn't feel worth it (which I don't belive will be the case) we can always bail to a major interstate.

Oh, and if you are coming down I-84, then get off in Port Jervis and run NY-97 to Hancock, then work your way down to Route 6. Almost no time penalty and well worth it. NYSP do patrol it pretty heavily on the weekends (weekdays they are still around) and their Ka guns are sometime out of tune, so if you have a modern radar detector make sure you turn all the segments on for the NY portion.
Funnny, I unintentionally already made this my route from 84 over to Rt6. Appreciate the confirmation of plans.
The following users liked this post:
DSC48 (07-28-2021)

Quick Reply: PA RT 6: need suggestions