Notices

New Jersey members

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 04:33 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,456 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Kinda a cross post from the race & de forum but, any of u NJ guys run a hdpe with these guys? they do njmp and pocano. Just looking for some practice before some upcoming pca events and dont want to waste money on a $hit show if its poorly run. I could not find any reviews. Thx.

motorsports enthusiists

https://moehpde.com
Old 03-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Kinda a cross post from the race & de forum but, any of u NJ guys run a hdpe with these guys? they do njmp and pocano. Just looking for some practice before some upcoming pca events and dont want to waste money on a $hit show if its poorly run. I could not find any reviews. Thx.

motorsports enthusiists

https://moehpde.com
I have run at a couple of Mo’s events at NJMP. They were well run overall. No complaints.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:14 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
I have run at a couple of Mo’s events at NJMP. They were well run overall. No complaints.
thx for the input, i was just hard to find anything on them.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Anyone attending Stacked on Track event at NJMP on 3/20? Signed up for it- my neighbor and his buddies claim they run a good event. Guess I need to get the all-seasons off the car and summers back on next weekend, despite the fact that it’s 32 degrees as a i write this (warmer temps coming this week at least!)

Got out for a quick run up to Skyline Dr and Ringwood State park yesterday. Getting the itch!
Old 03-08-2021, 06:35 PM
Mohsin Sardar
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. The reason I have a FB profile is ONLY for the FB Group where I post events. Since the car community is now more active on FB, although I do think they are missing on the vast library of knowledge forums can provide.
I have added additional events as I usually plan my Summer ahead of time (Vacation/Family/Drives). I'm listing them in order below:
1) Supercharged Go Kart Racing - Mar 28
2) Drive Into Spring - April 18
3) SCCA Track Night - Apr 28 (Track events are not hosted by me. We just like to go in as a group, it's more fun when you are chasing a friend)
4) RT-125 PA Rally - May 23
5) SCCA Track Night - May 26
6) Black Forest Run - June 13
7) The Midnight Run - July 16 (Friday 10PM)
8) Rally to the Dragon - Jul 28-31
9) The Breakfast Run - Aug 15
10) SCCA Track Night - Aug 25

I will be adding 4 more events soon, I'm unsure of the dates however:
1) Bear Mountain Run
2) Drive-In Theater (Fast & Furious 1) - Saturday Night
3) Atco Dragway Test & Tune (Friday Night)
4) Run to Hawks Nest
4) The Spooky Run (around Halloween)

In case an event gets canceled due to Rain or other reason, It's not easy to update on all places. So, those who are not on FB, join me on:
Groupme Messenger App:
https://groupme.com/join_group/66952906/omWZsE3K

Once you join one of our events and we confirm, you are not one of those "Revving at every block, swerving lanes, passing cars or doing burnouts" kind of guy. I'll add you to our main Group Chat.

Thanks,
Mohsin

Last edited by Mohsin Sardar; 03-08-2021 at 07:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Momentum Worx (03-08-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 PM
Emeka
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Guess who came out of hibernation 1st time this year. Say hello to Pegasus!
Old 03-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Keeping the Jersey thing going here:
Has anyone been to/registered for the NNJR event held with the Midwest group at Mid-Ohio? Thoughts on Mid-Ohio (should this be a bucket list track?).
It’s a grind- 8 hour drive, 3 days on track, 8 hour drive back. I am wondering if it’s worth it since I am short on vacation days this year (maybe see some customers as I drive my Cayman across PA to save a vaca day? Lol). Also, what are thoughts on learning the track (I am a confident White driver last year at tracks I know well like Lightning, LRP). I get a little nervous about potentially being the slow guy in the group since I would be new to the track.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:45 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Im heading out there for the MORPCA hdpe on april 15-17. It will be my first event out there so i cant help with most of your questions but it looks like a fun track. Im gonna start in the yellow group to learn the track and maybe move up.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:46 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Hey Jersey folks,

Another poster revived an old thread about an NJ drive this weekend. I directed him/her to this unofficial NJ thread. Who’s up for a spring drive Saturday AM? Considering I need new brakes and tires after NJMP two weekends ago a spirited drive is the only way I am scratching my Porsche itch this weekend. If anyone has some recommended drives, let’s hear it! (Last time I tried to plan a drive with my daughter I scouted routes on Apple Maps that would take us through horse country off Rt 78 near Califon but we ended up on gravel horse paths. Made for a nice picture next to the Lamington River but not a great drive in a lowered Cayman).

Old 04-01-2021, 10:32 PM
Momentum Worx
Former Vendor

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Hey Jersey folks,

Another poster revived an old thread about an NJ drive this weekend. I directed him/her to this unofficial NJ thread. Who’s up for a spring drive Saturday AM? Considering I need new brakes and tires after NJMP two weekends ago a spirited drive is the only way I am scratching my Porsche itch this weekend. If anyone has some recommended drives, let’s hear it! (Last time I tried to plan a drive with my daughter I scouted routes on Apple Maps that would take us through horse country off Rt 78 near Califon but we ended up on gravel horse paths. Made for a nice picture next to the Lamington River but not a great drive in a lowered Cayman).

Looks like that might be off of Mccann Mill Road, south of Pottersville - I know that spot well. Used to go fishing there as a kid with my grandmother.

Great gravel roads and gorgeous scenery around there, but you're correct - the gravel roads are not well suited for P-cars.

If you head a little west of there, there are some phenomenal backroads and scenery.

Some highlights to work into your route:
- Black River Rd
- Fox Hill Rd
- Cold Springs Rd
- Hollowbrook Rd
- Rockaway Rd
- Sawmill Rd
- Guinea Hollow Rd
- Pottersville Rd/Fairmount Rd
- Hill and Dale Rd
- 517 between Homestead/Hill and Dale and Laurel Mountain Way - great small uphill/downhill section called the Dinner Pot (watch the cops in Oldwick, and at the Tewksbury Township PD)

Stay off of these roads:
- Black River Rd north of Pottersville (bad pavement conditions)
- Pickle Rd (gravel)
- Hacklebarney Rd/Pottersville Rd (gravel)
- Long Lane (gravel)
- Mccann Mill Rd (gravel)
- Cold Brook Rd (gravel)
- Island Rd (gravel)
- Meadow Ln (gravel)
- Burrell Rd (runs into Boulder Hill Rd, which is gravel)
- Boulder Hill Rd (gravel)

Also, this is a bit of unintended purpose - but this site is a great help in figuring out if a road is gravel or not: http://www.gravelmap.com
Old 04-01-2021, 10:38 PM
grst1
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi all! And thanks for the cross post. Here is the link to the drive thread mentioned. There are few great routs I found there. I will keep an eye on the interest for this weekend and looking forward to meeting some new friends.

https://rennlist.com/forums/east-us-rennlist-region/1201944-cnj-nwnj-scenic-spirited-drive-anyone.html

Hey Jersey folks,

Old 04-01-2021, 11:13 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Momentum Worx
Looks like that might be off of Mccann Mill Road, south of Pottersville - I know that spot well. Used to go fishing there as a kid with my grandmother.

Great gravel roads and gorgeous scenery around there, but you're correct - the gravel roads are not well suited for P-cars.

If you head a little west of there, there are some phenomenal backroads and scenery.

Some highlights to work into your route:
- Black River Rd
- Fox Hill Rd
- Cold Springs Rd
- Hollowbrook Rd
- Rockaway Rd
- Sawmill Rd
- Guinea Hollow Rd
- Pottersville Rd/Fairmount Rd
- Hill and Dale Rd
- 517 between Homestead/Hill and Dale and Laurel Mountain Way - great small uphill/downhill section called the Dinner Pot (watch the cops in Oldwick, and at the Tewksbury Township PD)

Stay off of these roads:
- Black River Rd north of Pottersville (bad pavement conditions)
- Pickle Rd (gravel)
- Hacklebarney Rd/Pottersville Rd (gravel)
- Long Lane (gravel)
- Mccann Mill Rd (gravel)
- Cold Brook Rd (gravel)
- Island Rd (gravel)
- Meadow Ln (gravel)
- Burrell Rd (runs into Boulder Hill Rd, which is gravel)
- Boulder Hill Rd (gravel)

Also, this is a bit of unintended purpose - but this site is a great help in figuring out if a road is gravel or not: http://www.gravelmap.com
Sharp eyes! I just pulled up the picture iso g the location record of the photo and you are correct- it was McCann Mill just up the river for the bridge.
I thought I was brilliant- efficiently drove out 78 from home in Hoboken and then had researched roads to wind back to my brothers place in Bedminster that day (Old Dutch Rd). Found out the hard way Apple Maps doesn’t differentiate between gravel roads/regular.
It a beautiful part of NJ so if it want to lead a drive I would surely follow you!
Old 04-02-2021, 09:44 AM
kokuryu
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, folks. New member here, driving a 997. Located near NYC. I am up for AM drives!
Old 04-06-2021, 10:57 AM
Mohsin Sardar
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, Just posted a new thread for a drive on April 18
Old 04-08-2021, 06:50 PM
Emeka
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Anyone down for a meet up, lunch or drive this weekend? Im in the Edison area

Quick Reply: New Jersey members