Notices

Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet and Drive, 10:00 AM, Sunday, March 28

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 02:22 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet and Drive, 10:00 AM, Sunday, March 28

It’s time to blow out those winter doldrums and welcome spring with the Baltimore/DC/NoVa Rennlist meet and drive! Your calendars should already be marked for this since we postponed the Leap Year Meet and Drive. Always wanted to put a face to a person’s Rennlist user name? Now’s the chance. Always thought that everyone’s car was perfect except for yours? Come to the Rennlist meet and drive and you’ll see that your sled ain’t so bad. The date is Sunday, March 28, 10:00 AM, where we’ll meet at the Super Fresh at the corner of Montgomery Rd. and Washington Blvd. in Elkridge, MD (7280 Montgomery Rd., 410-379-0028). This location is on the west side of Baltimore.

The plan is to check out the cars and shoot the breeze for an hour and a half or so and then take a drive through the beautiful and incredibly twisty roads on the west side of Baltimore. Our final destination will be historic Ellicott City and an Atkins-diet bustin’ lunch at La Palapa, a fine and lively Mexican restaurant olcated in the heart of charming Ellicot City. No, La Palapa is not the sound your food makes as it hits the plate; it’s Spanish for “last one to the restaurant pays everyone’s bill”. (8307 Main Street Ellicott City, Maryland 21043, 410-465-0070, http://www.lapalapagrill.com . Don’t be dissuaded by the photos that make the place look like a punk-*** dance bar; it’s supposed to be a good establishment.)

Directions to the Super Fresh: Take I-95 north or south, depending on where you’re coming from, to the BWI Airport exit, exit #47. Do not go to UMBC or the park-and-ride; instead, follow the off ramp and head towards BWI to 195 (one-ninety-five, not eye-ninety-five). Take the Elkridge/Rt 1/Washington Blvd exit. Make a right off of the exit onto Washington Blvd. You will be heading southwest. Go past the Amoco station on your right, up the the steep hill, and past Daniel’s Tavern. After 1.4 miles, you’ll see Montgomery Rd. and an Exxon station on the right. Keep on going another 100 yards and make a right into the Super Fresh lot.

If you’re interested in coming for all or part of the event, please post here so I can get a rough head count for our eating place. Of course, all P-cars are welcome.

Looking forward to seeing all of you and to immersing ourselves in cars!
Old 03-05-2004, 08:33 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I will be down at VIR for a DE and hope to make the next one.......
Old 03-05-2004, 09:57 AM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I responded to the 993 thread, but I'll do so here as well. Put me down for two, Mark, I'll be there with my wife.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

As requested, there is a rain date for our Rennlist Meet and Drive. The date will be TWO weekends after the originally scheduled date, Sunday, April 11, 10:00 AM. I hope it'll be dry and warm on March 28!

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 03-16-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Only twelve more days until the Meet and Drive! If you haven't seen this thread before, mark your calendars and get your car cleaned up for our get together!

Also, the raindate is two weekends after the original date.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Last call for the meet and drive! If anyone would like to join our little get-together, let me know here. Similarly, if you have to bail out, no problem; I just need to inform the restaurant.

A couple people have asked what to do if it's supposed to rain. Weatherunderground.com says it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70's, so I'm hoping they're right. If the weather does look like it's going to be wet, stay tuned to this thread so I can notify everyone of the postponement, which I'd like to make no later than Saturday.

See you all soon!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

WEATHER UPDATE:

In case anyone doesn't have access to a phone, computer or a television, despite today's sogginess, it looks like tomorrow should be perfect for the meet and drive! Weatherunderground.com had the following forecast as of 9:00AM today:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

See you tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Drive Update!

In case anyone wants to do some more back road driving than the pre-lunch driving I had originally planned, during lunch I will see how many people would be interested or have the time to hit some pretty roads for a an hour or so drive. It will put us in north Baltimore and make it very easy for people to hop onto I-83 and jet home.

If only three or four people are interested, I'll bag the drive but if I get a good number of responses, we'll go ahead and do it.

Either way, I can't wait for tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Baltimore/DC/NoVa Meet and Drive, 10:00 AM, Sunday, March 28