Notices

Places for a weekend home 2 hours from manhattan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 07:50 PM
oakgreen964
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a house in Rhinebeck...it’s got train access to NYC. 50min drive to Lime Rock, 50 min to Catskills for skiing and hiking.

lots of great roads in Dutchess/Columbia...have a small c&c group that meets most spring/summer/fall sundays

Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 AM
byroncheung
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
I am in a similar situation in Hoboken and looking to the Catskills- somewhere within 15 minutes of Windham. Nice area during the summer- much cooler than NJ (tho that comes back to bite you during ski season). Skiing during the winter. I have friends in town with places in the Poconos, north of Poconos near Lackawaxen, PA, MA Berkshires, and even visit friends in-laws in Lakeville, CT (my Lime Rock crash pad). I like Catskills most for good mix of prices, nice class of people, quaint towns, etc. Nice roads up there too- NY Safety Track is closer than Monticello (and sort of like comparing your local pitch and putt to Augusta, even if they are both golf).
Strongly echoing these options. My kids are into skiing we are thinking about getting a place close to one of the mountains so life will be easier in winter when they train in the race team programs. I'm looking at either Catskill (close to Hunter / Windham) or Berkshires (close to Jiminy Peak). In the past I have frequented Poconos when my friend had a place there. All great options offer skiing in winter and other activities in the summer.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:50 PM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks all - we settled on Saugerties, 30 mins from rhinebeck/hudson/woodstock, right next to the hudson, and a short drive to narrowsburg ;p

See you on the roads!

Quick Reply: Places for a weekend home 2 hours from manhattan?