Notices

Brother to Brother - Auto Shop - NJ

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019 | 04:30 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Default Brother to Brother - Auto Shop - NJ

Anyone ever used these guys? I was looking for a good independent Porsche shop outside of a dealer. They've had my car for over two months with diagnostics and some fixes. I kinda regret going to them with how long it's taken to fix some issues. Sometimes I swear going to a dealer is the right decision. It's taken over a month to diagnose some codes that were due to faulty wiring and the AC wires/switch going bad. Ridiculous

Overall it took 2 months to replace the below items/service. Granted one part took 2 weeks to get from Germany. The whole effort was a bit over the top and just pressed my patience.
  • Oil-Oil Filter/Fuel Treatments
  • Motor Mounts
  • Door Hinge
  • Service Valves for AC
  • AC Condensor and Control Unit
  • AC Expansion Valve
  • AC Switch
  • AC Pressure Line/Hose
  • Add Refrigerant
  • Fix issue where the cat noted the car was running rich and required 6hr diagnostic to figure out it was wiring map sensor
  • Replace the Mirror Adjustment Motor

The guy at Brother to Brother knows his stuff and his wife who runs the paper work is super nice, but it's a small shop and if you have to work with an after market warranty it's going to be a challenge for them. My fidelity warranty covered over $1200 in repairs, but they complained about the effort to work with Fidelity, which i thought wasn't difficult. That should be part of having to deal with a customer. If you think it's a pain than don't accept customers with an aftermarket warranty.

Car is running well so i'm happy with the service, but having no car for two months just isn't really acceptable. They gave me grief for calling and having too many questions, maybe i wouldn't have questions if I got updates on the car instead of waiting week after week without hearing from them. Long story, just a quick note for those that are considering using them. If you do, keep it to simple fixes because they take their time.

Last edited by Ibanezgod; 08-12-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Brother to Brother - Auto Shop - NJ