Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:34 PM
SeriousB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
just subscribe to this thread, you silly goose.
I don't know how to do that.

And it seems iRacing needs an update, too, so I'm not quite ready yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:35 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeriousB
I don't know how to do that.

And it seems iRacing needs an update, too, so I'm not quite ready yet.
click on thread tools in the upper right corner.

and you have 2 hours, plenty of time for the iracing update
Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 PM
SeriousB
Advanced

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
click on thread tools in the upper right corner.

and you have 2 hours, plenty of time for the iracing update
Thanks.

I just dislike leaving my system off for a few days then having to deal with a multitude of Windoze updates and, more frequently it seems, iRacing updates.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

I have a decent (stable) race and qualifying set I'll be sharing...

Shyte happens fast on this track.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:26 PM
SeriousB
Advanced

I still haven't broken 40 seconds yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

wow, that gave me almost instant vertigo.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

Well, that was bust. Taken out before the S/F (flipped over), full tow, and the car was never right after that. Tried a couple of repairs, but after three repairs (plus a black flag for speeding out of the pits) it was pretty clear I was just a rolling speed bump.

Some amazing times by the top 4 or 5 guys...
Old 05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

I was in 2nd at one point and then I lost in and had to be towed in.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 196 Posts

Internal dialogue from the start of the race: "don't jump the start, don't jump the start, don't jump the start, holy $hit the guy in front of me is going, I missed the start..." nope, we both jumped it. Grrr. Then a big crash up the hill on my first lap out of the pit pretty much ruined the race for me.

Nice job everyone else!

I might start just doing the practice and qualifying with you guys since I can't seem to race with my head screwed on.

I'll be traveling out of state next week, so I'll see you guys in a couple weeks.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:49 PM
yokenmeister
Track Day

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Well, that was bust. Taken out before the S/F (flipped over), full tow, and the car was never right after that. Tried a couple of repairs, but after three repairs (plus a black flag for speeding out of the pits) it was pretty clear I was just a rolling speed bump.

Some amazing times by the top 4 or 5 guys...
yeah... interesting race.. learned a lot... like : don't jump the start.. or that it filled my car and also new tires on my first lap stop/go penalty. got taken out 2 more times... so at the end run over 200 lbs of fuel... and i was wondering, why all of a sudden had to break so early in t1 : )

after all was very happy, how close i came to Bedros in qualy...
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM
SeriousB
Advanced

Missed the race for non-virtual good times.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 AM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

I've been testing the Dallara at Indy since the NTM came out and I'm finally getting a stable, but fast set of setups put together...just broke into the 39's last night. I'll zip them up and post them here this weekend, along with a note about setting up the weight-jacker for in-car adjustments.

Chas, can I recommend we have a rolling start, full course cautions, and unlimited tows for this race? Standing starts in the Dallara tend to be pretty disastrous anyway, and given the CXC history of the last couple of weeks it's be good to at least get the field through T1
Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

I've been testing the Dallara at Indy since the NTM came out and I'm finally getting a stable, but fast set of setups put together...just broke into the 39's last night. I'll zip them up and post them here this weekend, along with a note about setting up the weight-jacker for in-car adjustments.

Chas, can I recommend we have a rolling start, full course cautions, and unlimited tows for this race? Standing starts in the Dallara tend to be pretty disastrous anyway, and given the CXC history of the last couple of weeks it's be good to at least get the field through T1
we always do unlimited tows

I was going to do a rolling start (not sure if you can do a standing start on an oval in iracing?)

as for full course yellows, not sure how that will work in a 20 minute (or even 20 lap) race; on the ovals a yellow is min. 3 laps; at pace car speed that's 6 minutes or more. the whole race would be under caution!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
NoQuarter
Rennlist Member

A twenty minute race will give us about a 30 lap race, if we stay under green. My only concern about running local or no yellows is if someone does wreck, it takes a few seconds to come to a stop to escape into a tow, and with the field running 220-230 mph, things happen really, really fast.

Here's an additional suggestion: instead of the standard 1 hour practice, 30 minute qualifying, 20 minute race, how about 1 hour practice, 4 lap single car qualifying, just like the big boys (shouldn't take more than 10 minutes), then a 50 lap race: 50 laps under green would be about a thirty minute race, and would still get us done by 9:30. Also, a 50 lapper would mean 1 pit under green, something we don't often do by intention.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

A twenty minute race will give us about a 30 lap race, if we stay under green. My only concern about running local or no yellows is if someone does wreck, it takes a few seconds to come to a stop to escape into a tow, and with the field running 220-230 mph, things happen really, really fast.

Here's an additional suggestion: instead of the standard 1 hour practice, 30 minute qualifying, 20 minute race, how about 1 hour practice, 4 lap single car qualifying, just like the big boys (shouldn't take more than 10 minutes), then a 50 lap race: 50 laps under green would be about a thirty minute race, and would still get us done by 9:30. Also, a 50 lapper would mean 1 pit under green, something we don't often do by intention.
that format would be OK with me if everyone else agrees to it (some people have trouble making the 9pm EST starts, this would be 8:40 EST)

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread