Notices

How to Replace Air Filters Cayenne 958 Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2019 | 02:17 AM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb How to Replace Air Filters Cayenne 958 Video

Sorry about the quality!
I hope everyone does their own air filters and not the stealership!

The following users liked this post:
coffeeisgood (11-14-2019)
Old 11-14-2019 | 01:10 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Excellent! I love watching DIY videos on Youtube, but there's not much 958 content.
Old 11-14-2019 | 01:28 PM
deilenberger
Banned

A few comments..

The "not real bolts" are actually keyed to the housing. They used to have a tab on the bottom that was lined up with the slot in the hole they go in. To remove them, you line up the tab on the bottom with the slot (there is a mark on the head of the plastic key) and they slide right out.

As far as closing up the airbox - there is a latch sort of assembly on the bottom of the airbox that the cover locks into. If you don't get that right, you'll have (1) problems closing the top of the cover (2) air-leaks that bypass the filter. A really bright flashlight helps a bunch in lining that all up when reinstalling the covers.

Ah - see you found the tab on the 2nd filter. FWIW - most everyone breaks off the tabs on one or two. I did on my '06 CS - didn't make a difference, they're not coming out on their own.

Congrats on doing the job with minimum resources in a parking garage. Demonstrates people can do simpler jobs even if they don't have access to a tool-filled garage and lift.

I'll be adding this to the DIY - it really applies to the 955/957 also - it's basically identical.
Old 11-14-2019 | 03:22 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Question K&N air filter

thoughts on using K&N ?

33-2857 K&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER
https://www.knfilters.com/porsche/ca...8-diesel/2014/

K&N engine air filter, washable and reusable: 2002-2019 Porsche/Volkswagen/Audi/Land Rover SUV (Cayenne, Touareg, Q7, Range Rover) 33-2857
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-14-2019 | 03:47 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Coffeeisgood, K&N is bad. Pointless. The air system on these vehicles is designed good. You have plenty of air flow. I guarantee you won't even get 5HP from the K&N and risk the oil getting on your sensors.
Old 11-14-2019 | 03:49 PM
coffeeisgood
Pro

Originally Posted by Franko T
Coffeeisgood, K&N is bad. Pointless. The air system on these vehicles is designed good. You have plenty of air flow. I guarantee you won't even get 5HP from the K&N and risk the oil getting on your sensors.
thank you. This is why I ask, just to get other owners feedback.
who wants anything that is pointless & if these air filters get oil on your sensors that also would be bad.

Quick Reply: How to Replace Air Filters Cayenne 958 Video