Notices

Hard to press brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2022, 02:52 PM
rob76turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hard to press brake pedal

Hi everyone, so just installed a 3" lift on my 05 CS. Put the tires back on, left most of the suspension bolts hand tight to let it settle. Put the tires back on and took it for a VERY slow drive around my block to again - let everything settle. Next step is put back up on lift and tighten / torque all the suspension bolts / nuts to proper torque setting. Anyway, as I backed out of my driveway, the brake pedal in incredibly hard to press and even when pressing really hard, there is not a lot so stopping power. Any ideas?

As usual, thanks to all the Rennlist guru's for help!!
Old 04-17-2023, 03:33 PM
mark4ton
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be totally unrelated, but, I had this happen on my 2008 turbo, brake pedal got super stiff while I was driving. it turned out to be a cracked brake booster vacuum line. very easy to access, right in front of the firewall engine compartment, passenger side. hope this helps!
Old 09-02-2023, 02:03 PM
JD305
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi .. were you able to get this sorted out? ... I may have the same problem, hard brake assist ... have to press down hard sometimes to stop

I read in various areas it may be the plastic of these vacuum hoses that crack ... mine is 2008 GTS ... so the hoses would be in the passenger side? can I access through the panel that is behind the wiper ?

Quick Reply: Hard to press brake pedal