DIY - 991 DIY info for the 991

Delaying Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 06:14 PM
hughj
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delaying Maintenance

Porsche new-be. With all the COVID-19 stuff going on, is it okay to delay oil change or any maintenance? I haven't driven the car much (about 2K miles), sadly due work schedule. It's been a year since my last oil change.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:46 AM
Rich_Jenkins
Rennlist Member

Received 714 Likes on 479 Posts

I'm pretty OCD about oil changes, but I can understand if circumstances delay service. Everybody's circumstances are different.

Can you at least get the car out and up to operating temperature every week or two weeks?
Old 09-06-2020, 01:58 PM
CWS
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hughj
Porsche new-be. With all the COVID-19 stuff going on, is it okay to delay oil change or any maintenance? I haven't driven the car much (about 2K miles), sadly due work schedule. It's been a year since my last oil change.
Thinking out lout here...

Is your vehicle under warranty?

Wondering if you were under warranty, and did not follow the maintenance intervals, then this might negatively impact a warranty claim if involving anything lubricated by motor oil.

Additionally, the plus on having an oil change also provides visual inspection of the underbody and other components that could go un-noticed and has potential to create more troubles down the road.

Lots of varying opinions on this and since this is a open forum, I would guess being proactive versus reactive would be favorable in most cases.

Quick Reply: Delaying Maintenance