Notices

Pinouts for Stilo connector

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:36 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thinking about this a bit more.

Is it possible to connect a stilo intercom to a chatterbox wiring headset?

I.e., if I place a stilo intercom in my car and take an instructor with a chatterbox headset can it be adapted? I am thinking this could be a problem since the chatterbox headset does not separate the mic/speaker ground.

On the other hand, if I have a stilo helmet, it can be adapter to a chatterbox intercom since the ground are separate in the helmet and can be combined into chatterbox type wiring with a cable.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by dbbarron
Thinking about this a bit more.

Is it possible to connect a stilo intercom to a chatterbox wiring headset?

I.e., if I place a stilo intercom in my car and take an instructor with a chatterbox headset can it be adapted? I am thinking this could be a problem since the chatterbox headset does not separate the mic/speaker ground.

On the other hand, if I have a stilo helmet, it can be adapter to a chatterbox intercom since the ground are separate in the helmet and can be combined into chatterbox type wiring with a cable.
No. Chatterbox 2.0 uses a common ground for mic and speaker together. i tried...it didn't like it. I suppose you could create a circuit to make it possible, but it won't work with just a simple cable. You can go the other way - Stilo headset to chatterbox intercom.

Or you can wait for the world to cleanse itself of the chatterbox scourge.

....thinking about it some more. You could make a clip-on mic for the instructor, and use their headset for their speakers. Or, buy a student headset....might be uncomfortable to wear that on top of a wired headset.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:36 AM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

I'm thinking use the Stilo intercom and buy a good lolipop student headset for the instructor if they use chatterbox. Otherwise, if they want, use their chatterbox intercom and an adapter cable for my Stilo wired helmet.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:26 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

I'm thinking use the Stilo intercom and buy a good lolipop student headset for the instructor if they use chatterbox. Otherwise, if they want, use their chatterbox intercom and an adapter cable for my Stilo wired helmet.
Andrew at Tachterion sells a lollipop with a stilo connector.

You might build a Stilo->IMSA converter as well. I've seen a few guys show up with IMSA electronics. Simpson and Roux come with IMSA wired headsets now.

Ping me offline, I have everything needed to make the cable and likely won't need to make another - if you need connectors/4-conductor cabling.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:30 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Andrew at Tachterion sells a lollipop with a stilo connector.

You might build a Stilo->IMSA converter as well. I've seen a few guys show up with IMSA electronics. Simpson and Roux come with IMSA wired headsets now.
I ordered an IC-200 (from Rallynuts) wired for Stilo and a student headset (from HMS) wired for Stilo. This should take care of almost every situation, however, I'd also like to have a Stilo Intercom to IMSA helmet cable and Stilo Intercom to Pelton helmet cable. I think that takes care of every major wiring combo. Just need to get a few NEX sockets.

In your spreadsheet, I see IMSA wiring ( same as Simpson and Roux) but don't see Pelton (also same as Rosse, OMP, Sparco and Bell) wiring. Do you have that?

db
Old 08-21-2017, 03:36 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

I ordered an IC-200 (from Rallynuts) wired for Stilo and a student headset (from HMS) wired for Stilo. This should take care of almost every situation, however, I'd also like to have a Stilo Intercom to IMSA helmet cable and Stilo Intercom to Pelton helmet cable. I think that takes care of every major wiring combo. Just need to get a few NEX sockets.

In your spreadsheet, I see IMSA wiring ( same as Simpson and Roux) but don't see Pelton (also same as Rosse, OMP, Sparco and Bell) wiring. Do you have that?

db
I have the pin out in the second tab of that spreadsheet - in the image from the rugged radios website. THeir Stilo pinout was wrong, so there is a good chance the peltor is wrong too. I've verified IMSA and Stilo now.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:03 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I have the pin out in the second tab of that spreadsheet - in the image from the rugged radios website. THeir Stilo pinout was wrong, so there is a good chance the peltor is wrong too. I've verified IMSA and Stilo now.
Thanks!

I'll be seeing someone with a Pelton helmet in a couple of weeks - if I can get the parts (ordered) and build the adapter by then I'll give it a try and provide results.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:54 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Ok I'm a little lost....I just got a Stilo today....I have a Chaterbox already and want to use it when I instruct. My Chatterbox has the 2 earphones and mic and I just hand the student the lollipop mic headset to slide in there helmet. I have the gel ear pads along with the stock soft ear pieces.

What do I need to buy to put earphones and a mic into the Stilo and where do I mount the chatterbox at....doesn't seem like it will fit on the helmet with the plastic clip with the Stilo plug area and hans posts.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:26 AM
JBGT3
AutoX

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Standard 3.5mm male audio plug to Stilo WRC helmet

I have an early 2000's Stilo WRC helmet with inbuilt earphones and microphone, and I want to connect a RACEceiver radio unit to it without having to wear earbuds inside my helmet.
I understand the RACEceiver uses a standard 3.5mm audio plug, so I need an adaptor to connect it to my Stilo helmet. Will it work if I get the right cable? This cable seems to be correct, but I'm not sure if the pin connections will be correct.
Amazon Amazon
Appreciate any information anyone can provide.

Quick Reply: Pinouts for Stilo connector