Notices

Aim Solo DL via can draining Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 05:28 PM
detroitm2
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spg993tt
my solution was as follows: returned the Solo DL just moments before i almost threw it against the wall or before compressing it in a vice. took my money back. bought a regular dash on sale, went that route. that thing has a problem and 2 replacement warranty units which were supposed to not have those issues , well, they continued to have those issues. super irritating. thing woudl drain the dash and the car, never a good thing.
Well, glad you found something that worked! Short of the issue with draining power from the canbus, I've had zero other issues with mine.
​​​​​​If course, the software is terrible, but I can deal with that..

Cheers.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (09-27-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 05:12 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
Default Easy Peasy

I have a SOLO 2 DL and SmartyCam HD, and a connection to my car's CAN bus syetem. When the weekend is over, I disconnect the CAN bus cable to the SOLO 2 DL, and disconnect the cable from the SOLO 2 DL to the SmartyCam. Can't drain the battery if it's not connected I would think.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:01 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,203 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
I have a SOLO 2 DL and SmartyCam HD, and a connection to my car's CAN bus syetem. When the weekend is over, I disconnect the CAN bus cable to the SOLO 2 DL, and disconnect the cable from the SOLO 2 DL to the SmartyCam. Can't drain the battery if it's not connected I would think.
That’s a good plan, Martin. Just disconnecting the cable from the car to the S2DL and leaving the camera cable connected works fine.

After checking the box “Disable wake from ECU,” I haven’t had issues. And that’s on hundreds of cars...

OBDII? Well, that is another matter. Unplug it from the OBDII port for overnight peace of mind.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-07-2020, 03:02 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

its been a year or more (monticello race 2019) since i got a refund/credit for my SOLO DL which would show full charge and then go empty in about 12 minutes. and take the car battery with it.
i know issues pop up from time to time. and frankly AIM is , in my opinion, an excellent product. ive had so much good luck with the MXL2, mxp their cameras. stuff usually just works. and they fix problems.
im suprised this isnt resolved. almost time to wipe away that line of product though maybe very few are experiencing the issue or care. they should offer a very inexpensive MX? with very few features and then sell a license code to open up more features. most would pay a few hundred more to have an upgrade path.

Quick Reply: Aim Solo DL via can draining Battery