Notices

Wiring Aim Analog Inputs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Slakker
Race Car

Received 270 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Wiring Aim Analog Inputs

I've about decided on going with an AIM MXS but I want to make sure I understand how to wire it into my '99 C2. It looks like the harness comes with a 4 pin 719 bender female on it for analog inputs.

Is the best way to connect to it to buy a 719 male and solder leads on to it? Or is there a way to source these with leads already attached?

And how many of the leads do I need to connect? The diagram show a Source, GND, vbattery, and vreference. I know my source wires from a previous system that was installed but quit functioning. Is this the only one I need to use or do I actually need to take all of the ground wires to a common ground? What do I need to do with the vreference and vbattery?

Also, I know there are a couple of different vendors on here so if anyone wants to PM me a quote on the MXS please do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Slakker, if you want to buy from me, I'd be glad to supply ALL the answers (considering I was a dealer for your old system, too).
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 08-27-2016, 05:02 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

I'm happy to share how it all works. I'm on the phone so it might be short.

The vref and 12v are for the sensor power. The ground is the ground for the sensor and the signal wire is the signal from the sensor that the dash reads.

The easiest way is to buy AiM sensors, but if you do your own, use their patch cables and cut the male end off wire to that. For sensors that measure resistance instead of voltage, you need a pull up resistor. You can see about that in the gas gauge thread.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

You'll also need to have the calibration info for your sensors that you have.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Slakker
Race Car

I don't fully understand it yet but the PO of my 996 had a CDS system that he just wired the analog inputs directly into the 996 wiring harness to pull out RPM, water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure. It was just a single wire in each case and then a single power and a single ground.

I have the translation for the oil temp in another thread on the 996 forum but will have to extrapolate the others I assume.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Slakker
Race Car

Ok, I think I figured it out. It looks like I just need to connect the analog channel wire similar to tapping into the RPM signal.

Quick Reply: Wiring Aim Analog Inputs