Notices

Racelogic Video VBOX HD2 Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Happy to help work on the priority -- did they give you a ticket number or some other way to identify the issue?? The other thing is -- are you working this through the US end or the UK folks?? I don't know what the contact email is for the US support team (would be handy to have that I suspect! ).
Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by boxer-11
Happy to help work on the priority -- did they give you a ticket number or some other way to identify the issue?? The other thing is -- are you working this through the US end or the UK folks?? I don't know what the contact email is for the US support team (would be handy to have that I suspect! ).
Have not got a response just yet for an issue number.

support@racelogic.com
Old 05-18-2017, 12:37 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers ShakeNBake I was about to volunteer to send in the bug report given it's 100% reproducible. That's the best kind of bugs (as far as bugs goes) if you are developer.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:48 AM
rennlistdavid
Instructor

Just for fun...

Things I've done to the Scene:
  • Changed Lap Counter from Completed Laps to Current Laps
  • Changed Date/Time to have DST ON
  • Minor Font changes on Date and Time of Day
  • Changed Date to use format (MM-DD-YYYY)

Things I want to do - but don't have art source in vector form. To be fair, I didn't ask for anything from ShakeNBake here.
  • Would remove the instrument cluster lights from the RPM gauge. Or, I would push them back a bit to be less prominent.
  • Minor re-positioning of the 3 gauges AND/OR upscaling them a bit.

I know their are plenty of scenes, including the one Peter gave me, that are arguably a tad more practical ... but I just like it ... except for the bug.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:28 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Spoke with Racelogic last night, they are looking into it. There is new firmware and configuration software coming out soon and they think it might address it already.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
There is new firmware and configuration software coming out soon and they think it might address it already.
It's massive. An integrated CAN database with dropdown menus, just a ton of upgrades! Looking forward to it. Beta testing the iOS app now.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It's massive. An integrated CAN database with dropdown menus, just a ton of upgrades! Looking forward to it. Beta testing the iOS app now.
Can't wait!
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 05-18-2017, 10:30 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rennlistdavid
Just for fun...

Things I've done to the Scene:
  • Changed Lap Counter from Completed Laps to Current Laps
  • Changed Date/Time to have DST ON
  • Minor Font changes on Date and Time of Day
  • Changed Date to use format (MM-DD-YYYY)

Things I want to do - but don't have art source in vector form. To be fair, I didn't ask for anything from ShakeNBake here.
  • Would remove the instrument cluster lights from the RPM gauge. Or, I would push them back a bit to be less prominent.
  • Minor re-positioning of the 3 gauges AND/OR upscaling them a bit.

I know their are plenty of scenes, including the one Peter gave me, that are arguably a tad more practical ... but I just like it ... except for the bug.

For the center/rpm gauge - you mean something like this (A scene I made for Thomas/FL)
Name:  Scene2 Draft2.png
Views: 1081
Size:  350.9 KB
Old 05-18-2017, 10:40 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Looks good!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:43 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Looks good!
Once he gets a good race of data, we're going to play with the 40 other canbus tags they are getting on the clubsport setup he has. There are indicators for TC/ABS, Sliding, and a few others that would be useful to see.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

We don't know that all of them work or are valid, yet...
Old 06-06-2017, 06:14 AM
cetom
Instructor

i have bee looking at this system .. the hd2 is obviously hd and is expensive . the pro ,i think , is not hd but from what i can tell is more expensive . do you know the difference . i called racelogic and they really cant tell me why the pro is more expensive
thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 07:36 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cetom
i have bee looking at this system .. the hd2 is obviously hd and is expensive . the pro ,i think , is not hd but from what i can tell is more expensive . do you know the difference . i called racelogic and they really cant tell me why the pro is more expensive
thanks
Ron, two different generations of equipment, HD2 newer, Pro older but with components in it from MUCH more expensive equipment designed for OEM vehicle and tire manufacturing company validation and testing. While some current GT3 Cup team engineers insist on the 20 Hz, industrial grade GPS sampling rate and the large number of CAN channels for external modules, as well as requiring three or as many as four cameras the Pro can accommodate, I prefer the HD2. Same aluminum box,
same waterproof enclosure, same high quality positive locking Swiss made Lemo connectors and robust cabling, but much more powerful processor and 1080p picture in picture WITH info on it as it's happening. I have your email and will send the comparison chart, but it's a lot better than what you have, and I'm a dealer for both.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:28 AM
cetom
Instructor

thank you .
i think you also sell RK. the older versions are good when they work but i find them highly unreliable. there is a newer version that may be better .. i dont really care about how great the video looks , good enough is good enough . what i do care about is simultaneously and effortlessly capturing video and data (speed, throttle,brake ), and i like multiple cameras .. which do you think is better for, this RK or racelogic?
thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 12:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cetom
thank you .
i think you also sell RK. the older versions are good when they work but i find them highly unreliable. there is a newer version that may be better .. i dont really care about how great the video looks , good enough is good enough . what i do care about is simultaneously and effortlessly capturing video and data (speed, throttle,brake ), and i like multiple cameras .. which do you think is better for, this RK or racelogic?
thanks
The new HDX2 from Race-Keeper has had a rocky start but has worked out well for the folks that use it, including TomW, who has integrated it well with his MoTeC.

The HD2, while also affected by some camera issues early on and some confusion with CAN protocol implementation for a few popular applications, continues to be my favorite for side-by-side, automatically synced with the data, quick and targeted analysis on what to do better. Right away.

I've sold half a dozen HDX2's and more than sixty HD2's since each came out.

But as with anything, you and I need to talk to determine if this multi camera solution will, in fact, accept your data feed from the car and display it in a way that is important to you.

I do think the HD2 is more reliable as an automated recording solution.

Last edited by ProCoach; 06-06-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Racelogic Video VBOX HD2 Review