Notices

MXL2 downloads after upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 08:47 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MXL2 downloads after upgrades

After upgrading RS3 and firmware, I'm seeing odd behavior around my downloads.

Rather than 1 download, I see lots of little downloads with partial laps! Is there a new configuration value around the downloads? I haven't been able to find one but might be looking in old places.

Tracks were loaded with RS3 into the dash after the upgrades. Checked the dash and confirmed COTA (current location) is loaded along with the others.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:19 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The short ones were all leading up to the long session. I think it might have been your parameters that tell the dash when to start logging. Looks like you might have been going above and below those parameters during the 10 minutes prior to your session?
Old 06-19-2016, 06:23 PM
kristap
Rennlist Member

I guess that could be the cause but think not. Some of the recorded 'sessions' occur mid-race. Parameters are set to 2500 rpm and speed > 25 mph. Once the races started, the car did not slow outside of the parameter windows.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:19 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Were there any yellow flags during the race? I have seen this issue and it was caused during yellows where the group slowed to a crawl behind the pace car. If this happens even momentarily, the session ends. If you look at your data check the speed trace on the last lap of a big session, hopefully not the last lap at the end of the race. I've asked AIM to let the users define when the session ends to avoid this problem. I'd like to see start session at 20 mph, don't stop until 0 mph.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:58 AM
kristap
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amso3
Were there any yellow flags during the race? I have seen this issue and it was caused during yellows where the group slowed to a crawl behind the pace car. If this happens even momentarily, the session ends. If you look at your data check the speed trace on the last lap of a big session, hopefully not the last lap at the end of the race. I've asked AIM to let the users define when the session ends to avoid this problem. I'd like to see start session at 20 mph, don't stop until 0 mph.
Was "sure" that we hadn't slowed that much but you are right. That must be it. There was a long yellow with some low speeds. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2016, 04:35 PM
gobuffs
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the setup at the track but didn't see an issue. The triggering was right. Krista got an early version like mine and I had an issue- I forgot the exact details- and it was a bad antenna. I'd at least send it in to be checked.

This was my issue- similar but not the same. Fix was antenna. https://rennlist.com/forums/data-acquisition-and-analysis-for-racing-and-de/890896-no-gps-after-firmware-update-2.html
Old 06-21-2016, 11:59 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Kristap. Let's hope AIM can add a parameter when to stop data recording, that we can conigure differently than the start parameter. I'll send them another note to jog them.

Quick Reply: MXL2 downloads after upgrades