Notices

Securing Solo/SmartyCam wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 02:21 PM
krobertson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Securing Solo/SmartyCam wiring

What works best to help secure the wires for the Solo/Smarty Cam? Especially the SmartyCam, since currently I have the wire running along the drivers side door and back to the camera, and have a good amount of slack to tied down as well.

Want to make sure the wires are secure and don't move around to either snag me getting in/out of the car, or get into the footwell while I'm on track.

Would some velco work good to secure it to the interior carpet without any permanent changes?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Sometimes you can get it under the gasket near the doors or just tuck it under the carpet. Velcro could work well to hold it down without doing anything permanent. Lots of people run the wires down the center of the car so they can put it under the console or next to the seats where it's out of they way.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:36 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by krobertson
What works best to help secure the wires for the Solo/Smarty Cam? Especially the SmartyCam

Would some velco work good to secure it to the interior carpet without any permanent changes?
Yes. Velcro works, but I like to tuck it between the side of the dash and the forward door jamb weatherstripping, then tuck it just inside and under the lower door jamb cover.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

While we're at the subject: I have my AIM Solo DL on the left side of the instrument cluster. Where are you guys securing the OBDII cable? At the moment it's tugged under the carpet. However I usually prefer to take the carpet out while on the track, but that would mean that I'll get most likely entangled in the cable
Old 06-01-2016, 12:29 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

I buy zip ties by the 1,000. I normally coil the excess cable and zip tie it together in an area where I can then zip tie the bundle to something to hold it out of the way.

Quick Reply: Securing Solo/SmartyCam wiring