Notices

Vbox Sport and Track Precision?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:17 PM
DrCGuerra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FergusH
Yes, I've got a sneaking suspicion that the track I posted above exaggerates the difference between the two GPS devices. I do think the Vbox is better, if only for that fact that it's 20 Hz versus the XGPS160's 10 Hz. Also, I like the fact that the Vbox will log your drive regardless of whether the software on your phone is working correctly; it's a nice backup. Lastly, the Vbox works with Racelogic's Circuit Tools app, which is very impressive.

I've got a new version of Porsche Track Precision app (it'll be released publicly pretty soon) so I'll test with that and another app if I can find one that'll export .vbo files.

Fun, fun...
I just purchased the VBOX Sport and I am following up on the new version of Porsche Track Precision app. How is it working out?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

I have the VBOX Sport available. Rennlist special deal is free suction cup mount, $40 value.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-02-2016, 11:20 PM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCGuerra
I just purchased the VBOX Sport and I am following up on the new version of Porsche Track Precision app. How is it working out?
Not great:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13242049

I'm going to get my car looked at by the dealer because I do see an error that Porsche thinks might have something to do with the problem.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:01 AM
DrCGuerra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FergusH
Not great: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post13242049 I'm going to get my car looked at by the dealer because I do see an error that Porsche thinks might have something to do with the problem.
I also have Harry's Laptimer & VBOX Laptimer. Have you used either and, if yes, what's your experience?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:43 AM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCGuerra
I also have Harry's Laptimer & VBOX Laptimer. Have you used either and, if yes, what's your experience?
I've used it and it seems to work fine. I'm still pursuing Track Precision 'though as it's got some features that are very hard to duplicate in other systems - oversteer and understeer, for example.

However, the truth is that I'm sort of marking time while waiting for my Vbox Video HD2 to arrive. Mid-May at the earliest, it now sounds like.

Quick Reply: Vbox Sport and Track Precision?