Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ajondyh
OK I'll give that a try, I have an RPM feed at the OBD2 socket. Only thing I don't under stand is the RPM factor setting.... Is that the number of cylinders and should I select /6 ?
That is the number of pulses the dashes receives for each rotation of the engine. I can't remember off the top of my head what a Booster is set to, but start with 1 and see what you get. If the RPM reading in the MXG doesn't match the car, then try 2, 3 , and 6 until it matches.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:24 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
That is the number of pulses the dashes receives for each rotation of the engine. I can't remember off the top of my head what a Booster is set to, but start with 1 and see what you get. If the RPM reading in the MXG doesn't match the car, then try 2, 3 , and 6 until it matches.
OK Many Thanks for the help it has been much appreciated.... I have been working in the dark up until now
Old 03-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ajondyh
OK Many Thanks for the help it has been much appreciated.... I have been working in the dark up until now
No problem. Let's get this configured for you. Please post back any more problems or what you need help with. This forum is a great resource for AiM users.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:11 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

So pleased I found it and even though I bought it in the UK I am thoroughly grateful for the help. Hope to get to it tomorrow as I have an event on Monday (Easter Bank Holiday in UK) I will certainly post the results as it may help someone else too
Old 03-29-2018, 05:10 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i believe on my spec boxster 2.5l its divided by 3
Old 03-29-2018, 05:22 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Correct, 6 cyl divide by 3, 4 cyl divide by 2. I was able to tap into the throttle position switch on a Boxster and get a signal which can be calibrated for throttle. I also jumped onto the water temp sender to log water temp (varying voltage so a custom sensor will need to be created) As far as oil pressure I'm pretty sure you'll need to add a sensor to get that
Old 03-29-2018, 09:50 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

Thank you! Yes I needed to ad a sensor for oil pressure and I needed to put fuel level on a channel too. TPS and water temp (ECT) comes on ECU data with mine. Thanks for input
Old 03-30-2018, 03:30 PM
ajondyh
Track Day

One other suggestion which I would like to see is to be able to add a red area on all the different RPM displays. I know we have shift lights but it would be good to be able to see the red zone on the tacho too
Old 06-15-2018, 04:08 AM
DJDOC
2nd Gear

If you go to shiftlight and warning section in RS3, you can set an alarm with RPM and display different coloured rpm bar. I also liked that idea and spent an hour looking for it yesterday. I will try to take some photos when i get home later.

One thing I also would like to find out is.... "Does MXG / MXS have function with shiftlight to flash when max RPM has reached?"

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:34 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DJDOC

One thing I also would like to find out is.... "Does MXG / MXS have function with shiftlight to flash when max RPM has reached?"

Thanks in advance.
Yes. Set an alarm for RPM greater than the max, set it to turn on an LED, then set the condition for turning the light off to something other than when no longer met.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:19 AM
stewyb
2nd Gear

Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old thread but it looks like your guys really know your stuff.

A bit of background I have a MXS 1.2 with GPS and 2 expansion modules.
For over 6 moths everything has been working fine. I have had one issue when I did a SW update, it wouldn't initalize I think the Expansion module's so I returned the SW back to what I had been using and everything was fine again.

One day I was adjusting a linear pot (using 0-5V) used for measuring suspension movement and all was fine. Stopped for lunch, came back and now the unit wont find and CAN connection, No GPS, No expansions units. I did not move or change any wiring from before when it was working to when it just stopped.

I have tried new SW update with no luck. Disconnected and reconnected GPS and CAN Exp. separately and together. Still the unit does not see anything connected.

Does anyone have ideas as to what i can try or what might be the problem.

Thanks in advance
Stewart
Old 08-14-2019, 12:15 PM
jigga009
Advanced

I would try rebuilding your calibration from scratch. That's what they told me to do when I started noticing oddities with respect to how things were working on RS3 compared to what I was seeing on the dash itself. It helped. Depending on how elaborate your calibration is, it can be a royal pain in the posterior, but it is what it is...

I think they are away on holiday in Italy right now, so they won't be there to help you. I noticed a few more bugs in the system which they noted also, but won't be able to do anything about it until they get back from summer break.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:20 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by stewyb
Hello Everyone,

I know this is an old thread but it looks like your guys really know your stuff.

A bit of background I have a MXS 1.2 with GPS and 2 expansion modules.
For over 6 moths everything has been working fine. I have had one issue when I did a SW update, it wouldn't initalize I think the Expansion module's so I returned the SW back to what I had been using and everything was fine again.

One day I was adjusting a linear pot (using 0-5V) used for measuring suspension movement and all was fine. Stopped for lunch, came back and now the unit wont find and CAN connection, No GPS, No expansions units. I did not move or change any wiring from before when it was working to when it just stopped.

I have tried new SW update with no luck. Disconnected and reconnected GPS and CAN Exp. separately and together. Still the unit does not see anything connected.

Does anyone have ideas as to what i can try or what might be the problem.

Thanks in advance
Stewart
Odd problem for sure. I would start with making sure all the firmware is up to date (and you're Race Studio 3 is up to date). If it still doesn't work, try re-making the config and see if that fixes things. You can make a basic one w/o alarms to see if it reads correctly so it's quicker to try that. Report back what you find and we can keep going if necessary.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:02 AM
stewyb
2nd Gear

Thanks for the fast response guys.

On the weekend ill try a simple config and try and re set everything.

I did notice last weekend i was trying to update all the firmware and RS3 wont connect correctly to the server, I tried going straight to the website and it wouldn't work either. However last night i could download all the latest firmware's so maybe the site was down when i was trying.

My AIM rep is also looking into the config file to see if anything pops up there.

Ill keep you posted on my developments

Quick Reply: AIM MXG/MXS new user notes