Old 10-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 773 Likes on 505 Posts

So you're getting the MAP signal through the CANbus, correct? If so, I would think the problem is what the ECU is sending out, not the dash, as it's only displaying what is sent to it.

There is no way I know or have heard of to password protect the data in the dash.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:17 PM
kb58
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I wanted to use the CAN-based MAP value since it's part of the CAN packet which already contains rpm and other variables. Unfortunately, AiM forces MAP to be displayed as "%" (due to the ECU scaling it that way). However, since no one wants to read MAP as a percent, I wanted to scale it as "kpa", but guess what, the MXS locks the CAN-based MAP to display as percent only. That really irks me since I paid good money for a configurable dash, only to find that I can't configure it as needed. I had to run a wire to an analog input, sharing the sensor signal with the ECU. Both the ECU and dash are configured to display 0-3.5 bar between 0.5V and 4.5V. With the engine off, the readings agree. With the engine running at any speed other than idle, the readings agree. It's only at idle does the dash read low. I know that the reading is being correctly read by the ECU because I checked it with a meter (and if the ECU was reading MAP wrong, the engine wouldn't run right).

As mentioned earlier, AiM suggested connecting the signal ground from the dash to the signal ground of the ECU. This doesn't make sense though because all other readings - analog and digital - read fine, it's only this one channel. AiM also suggested feeding the signal into a different analog input. I'll get around to it eventually, but since it reads fine engine-off and with the engine running at anything above idle, it's an odd failure mode. Note also that this used to work fine; it gradually drifted from a normal 22-24 kpa at idle, to reading somewhere between 0 - 20 kpa at idle.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:48 PM
Luismj
1st Gear

Default WIFI update MXG

Hi guys,

I have one MXG here, but the wifi does not work. Someone try to put it work?

(AIM WIFI instructions)

The last update with wifi support.

My MXG and race studio 3 with the last update in December 23 but dont apear wifi proprieties.

Thank you

Last edited by Luismj; 01-24-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:01 PM
CaTTivaSport
3rd Gear

Hello Everyone

I'm facing a new trouble with my MXS dahsboard.

When I plug it to my computer I can see the data available for download.
However when I click it to download and it reaches the end of each file, it becomes RED!
All files turn into red, and when I go to windows explorer and check for the files the folders created are completely empty!

I've already formatted the dash, downgraded and upgraded, tried to download through cable and wifi, etc.. I've tried everything but I cannot solve this.

Have you ever heard about a similar issue? Any similar feedback from other people?

Attached I'm sending you some pictures. Hope they help to understand.

Your help would be much appreciated! We are having a race this weekend and I still cannot download the data from last race.

Many thanks everyone!

Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 AM
Caddell
Instructor

CaTTivaSport,
I have never seen this issue so I sent the details and screen captures to the AiM software Engineers in Italy and they are looking over the issue now. They have suggested they may need an online 'TeamViewer' or similar type meeting so they can better understand and fix the issue. Please send me your contact info in a PM here or to my email address roger at aimsports dot com and I will get you together with them to figure this out.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello Roger,
when will the new gps-08 be released for sale in the market? Do you have any future seminars setup in California in the near future.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:10 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,880 Likes on 1,691 Posts

The GPS-08 has been released and is backwards compatible with all AiM products.

It will be shipped soon and will be included with the new display/loggers as stock with the GPS-05 is exhausted.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 04-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bkovac
Hello Roger,
when will the new gps-08 be released for sale in the market? Do you have any future seminars setup in California in the near future.
I'm waiting g on my initial order for GPS08 units. They will be interesting to use and I'm excited to see the data. The reports from Mychron5 users are very positive.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:28 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I'm waiting g on my initial order for GPS08 units. They will be interesting to use and I'm excited to see the data. The reports from Mychron5 users are very positive.
It's interesting, because the MyChron5 deployment has been mostly continental Europe and the UK using GLONASS (Russian GPS).

While I do know that the sensitivity, better signal to noise ratio and increased signal gain on the GPS-08 will provide a better quality signal, I don't know a lot of people besides us AiM nerds who use it in a way that is beneficial.

I have been working a LOT with AiM, MoTeC L10 and RaceGrade 10 and 20 Hz systems lately (including an amazing quality upgrade from Racelogic in the new HD2), and I STILL can't count absolutely on Google Earth overlays for line comparison, even on the same day, much less historically. Much more common for me to use as a generator for channel coded (single with AiM, multiple for MoTeC) maps for demonstration to clients where and how they can improve.

What I'm saying is that this is not a MUST have, if you're not having issues with your current GPS-05 setup.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
It's interesting, because the MyChron5 deployment has been mostly continental Europe and the UK using GLONASS (Russian GPS).

While I do know that the sensitivity, better signal to noise ratio and increased signal gain on the GPS-08 will provide a better quality signal, I don't know a lot of people besides us AiM nerds who use it in a way that is beneficial.

I have been working a LOT with AiM, MoTeC L10 and RaceGrade 10 and 20 Hz systems lately (including an amazing quality upgrade from Racelogic in the new HD2), and I STILL can't count absolutely on Google Earth overlays for line comparison, even on the same day, much less historically. Much more common for me to use as a generator for channel coded (single with AiM, multiple for MoTeC) maps for demonstration to clients where and how they can improve.

What I'm saying is that this is not a MUST have, if you're not having issues with your current GPS-05 setup.
Adding the Glonas satellite system with the American GPS makes the accuracy better, lock on quicker, and lessens the drop outs. Some people have reported over 17 satellites locked during a session and not dropping below 16.

I agree, for most people the GPS05 will continue to do everything they need. For hardcore users and data geeks (like us) the GPS08 will be great.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Caddell
Instructor

Originally Posted by bkovac
Hello Roger,
As others have said, it is available now in our distribution centers and should be in the dealers hands very soon.

Of course the existing GPS05 sensor is good and will continue to work well for thousands of users but I will gently suggest that the new GPS08 will be a upgrade that most everybody (not just us data geeks!) will appreciate and desire.

The new GPS08 is simply 5 years newer electronics technology that includes all the better signals and efficiency that new technology brings. Adding the Glonass Sats is a greater enhancement than many expect and will prove to be the game changer in precision, accuracy, etc.

The MyChron5 data that includes the new GPS08 sensor has been nothing short of spectacular... and the sensor on that equipment is actually right in the display so the sensor mounting will be even better in the Auto installs as the sensor can (should) be mounted where it will have an even better view of the sky.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:42 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Roger,
When will the External Gear Flash be available to market?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Jason White
4th Gear

Default Haltech 2500 and MXG

Can anyone comment as to why the MXG is not showing data? The Haltech can see the dash but I have no readings on the dash.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Did you follow all of the instructions at http://www.aim-sportline.com/downloa...00_102_eng.pdf

Double check your CAN output in the ECU, then check MXG is setup for the Haltech CAN V2. If those are configured correctly, then it's most likely a wiring problem
Old 03-07-2017, 10:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

http://www.aim-sportline.com/downloa...00_102_eng.pdf

Quick Reply: AIM MXG/MXS new user notes