Garmin Catalyst March Manufacturer's Rebate $100

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 08:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,850 Likes on 1,676 Posts
Default Garmin Catalyst March Manufacturer's Rebate $100

If you've been on the fence about this great tool, now is the time!

My latest stock order of Garmin Catalyst Driver Optimization Tools has arrived and are ready for shipping now.

Take advantage of the March 2021 sales promotion by Garmin, a $100 rebate when purchased from my company, an authorized dealer, from March 1st to March 31st.

I can supply the rebate form with the unit, prefilled with the unit information, along with a duplicate invoice.

This device has been proven to be a simple, effective tool providing great value for those who want to go quicker, without the steep learning curve of other logging systems. Video from fast lap or laps will be easily exportable soon with simple data overlay.

I can deliver to HOD at Virginia International Raceway and to Chin Track Days at Virginia International Raceway this week and weekend.

I can ship ground for free as well. Options include the camera suction cup mount, second car kits and other accessories. Please inquire.

Call, text, email or DM me at Krause & Associates LLC. Contact info on the home page of my site under the sig line below. Please support those who support the RL community!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-10-2021, 11:17 AM
GTS-Jim
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi

I have a Cayman GTS 4.0 and was wondering what would be the best solution for being able to hear the "coach"

Standard radio, or bluetooth ear buds or bluetooth wireless headset? If the bluetooth, do you have a recomendation for some that are not too costly?

Old 03-10-2021, 11:40 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTS-Jim
Hi

I have a Cayman GTS 4.0 and was wondering what would be the best solution for being able to hear the "coach"

Standard radio, or bluetooth ear buds or bluetooth wireless headset? If the bluetooth, do you have a recomendation for some that are not too costly?
The solutions that have been tested include BT through your car’s PCM (I love that), AirPods, or the least expensive, tried and true SkullCandy Jib+ BT earbuds.
The following users liked this post:
GTS-Jim (03-10-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 11:15 AM
GTS-Jim
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The solutions that have been tested include BT through your car’s PCM (I love that), AirPods, or the least expensive, tried and true SkullCandy Jib+ BT earbuds.
Guess I am sort of confused by what you mean by BT through your cars PCM. Is this Garmin to PCM and speakers? or PCM going to SkullCandy .. (which I just bought)?

or Garmin to SkullCandy?

Old 03-13-2021, 11:54 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

The Garmin has three ways to output the audio feedback. Internal speaker (street car, windows up, maybe), Bluetooth (to car's audio system, Bluetooth receiver or Bluetooth earbuds) and 3.5mm stereo jack.

I would recommend for you to pair your Garmin with your Skullcandy and you'll be set. You could also pair to the car's sound system, IF you wanted to, but not necessary with the BT earbuds.The Garmin will connect to multiple devices via BT.

If folks don't want/have earpieces or connection leads to their built-in audio on their helmet, I think the most expedient way to get the audio coaching real-time feedback is to pair the Catalyst during setup to the car's audio system (most modern cars offer a Bluetooth connection capability). This allows for the coaching feedback to be played wirelessly through the car's sound system.

You could also use a physical connection to the car's audio system IF there is a conventional audio input to the car's audio system (3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable).

My experience with the Garmin using any sort of Stilo or Roux direct physical connection (by cable), is that the impedance mismatch or output causes the audio to be too quiet.

My solution is to use an MPOW or other small BT receiver stuck to the Stilo or Roux helmet with an interconnection cable to the helmet audio in.

Quick Reply: Garmin Catalyst March Manufacturer's Rebate $100