Notices

Brake data for '06 Boxster to help setup sim brake.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 11:57 AM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Brake data for '06 Boxster to help setup sim brake.

So, I'm wanting to take my brake data from my 2018 LRP Sprint1-2 data, but just now I realize it only shows pedal position. Did that car not record psi or bar? Is the psi or bar data hidden in the data somewhere? Would GPS long data be a sufficient substitute if my goal is to try and match my sim braking to my real world braking.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Long G, from GPS or measured by the accelerometer, is always a good comparison. What is your AiM setup?
Old 01-09-2021, 12:22 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Also, why is Jim's GPS long reversed from mine? How do I flip it? Thanks.

Old 01-09-2021, 01:22 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Right click on the GPS Long in the measures graph of one of them and make the x in the mx+b equation -1
Old 01-09-2021, 01:59 PM
JP66
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Long G, from GPS or measured by the accelerometer, is always a good comparison. What is your AiM setup?
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick reply. You would think that question would have a simple answer

The data I want to use is from my old F car and it had the same dash in the picture below, but I'm not sure what that is called. Not sure if you caught my earlier discussion, but I sold my F car and purchased the car in my avatar. I have not yet driven that car, but it is the one in the picture below. My issue at the moment is with iRacing. Yesterday, I installed a Brake Performance kit on my simulator Fanatec brake pedal, and found the force needed to apply braking was way too high so I adjusted the calibration and now it is way too sensitive. I asked on the forum for suggestions on how to calibrate the brake in iRacing and someone suggested using my old AIM data from real life as a guide, and that is where I am now. I pulled out my old data for LRP, but my next problem is I need to learn how to get iRacing telemetry to use to compare.

Anyways, bet that was more than you wanted to know, hah!

Bottom line is I'm trying to use AIM - Race Studio 3 to analyze my iRacing brake data (or GPS long) to help properly calibrate my Fanatec brake.

I am open to any and all ideas.

Last edited by JP66; 01-09-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

In an 06 Boxster, you did not get brake pressure from the ECU, but it's common to add a pressure sensor. That would be in the measures list with a name (hopefully) with something to do with brake pressure. You will just have to see what is there in the data.

As to using the brake pressure from the car to get the pedal on the sim correct....it's not that easy. The sensor reads the pressure in the line, which is a result of the MC size, caliper size and number of pistons, and pedal ratio. If you have those, you could calculate the force you pushed with on the pedal. I would think you are better off playing around in the with the pedals on the sim to get them to feel how you want rather than trying to calculate it.

This video is the intro to the AiM simulation data and how to get it www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5LDmzdSuiU&t=250s
Old 01-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Joe - I used long G's to compare braking . My E46 M3 doesn't have brake position or brake pressure. I added a brake pressure sensor recently but found that brake pressure and long G's correlate extremely well.

I use the following math channel to create a pseudo brake indicator.

Abs(if(eq(lt(-gps_lonAcc,0.2),0),-gps_lonAcc,0))

I don't recall the channel name for longG in iracing but it should be easy to figure out.

Quick Reply: Brake data for '06 Boxster to help setup sim brake.