Help with VBOX Lite

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 04:28 AM
cml69
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with VBOX Lite

Hello,

First of all I will introduce myself, my name is Carlos I'm happy owner of 991.2 GT3RS, i'm usually doing 1-2 trackdays per month, mainly Spanish circuits. In the past I was using SOLO 2DL + Smartycam but after investigating & reading RL decided to change my Smartycam for VBOX HD2, keeping SOLO 2DL so HD2 is getting all the data of the car from SOLO 2DL. I have to say that I'm very happy with the change as i'm not an expert on reading telemetry and Circuit tools makes it very simple.

Here comes where I need your help, a friend of mine after seeing Circuit tools software decided to buy VBOX Lite + OLED as it also uses Circuit tools to analyze the data. First "problem" that we found was that Video VBOX setup software is different, our intention was to transfer my scene (Porsche CUP), after talking with Racelogic customer support realise that it was not possible, but they sent us some other Porsche scene that worked for my friend. The problem comes when my friend starts to setup all parameters and saw that he could only have brake position instead of brake pressure. i've crossed tons of mails with Racelogic customer support but at the end they told me that they don't know how to get brake pressure, they told me that maybe CAN of the car doesn't give this info, which I understand is not correct as with Porsche trackprecission APP gives brake pressure.

I've seen some videos on the forum and people is having brake pressure! Wonder if someone could give us a hand with it.

By the way my colleague car is Porsche 991.2 GT3 MY18 and he is using below scene:

Thanks a lot!
Carlos
Old 01-28-2021, 09:18 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

I can send you a scene file that I successfully used in my Cayman for a VBOX Lite. Alternatively, I can help you to display simulated brake pressure with a math channel that uses longitudinal Gs. As you already figured out, the VBOX Lite uses different scene files from the Video VBOX.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:44 AM
cml69
3rd Gear

Dear Frank, thanks for your reply! if you could help me to display simulated brake pressure would be great! do you need the scene that i'm using?
Old 02-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by cml69
Dear Frank, thanks for your reply! if you could help me to display simulated brake pressure would be great! do you need the scene that i'm using?
Yes please. Please send me a private message and I'll send you my email so you can forward it. If that doesn't work, we'll find another way.
Old 02-03-2021, 04:04 AM
cml69
3rd Gear

sorry I don't know how to send you a private message, sent you a visitor message instead with my mail! thanks!!

Quick Reply: Help with VBOX Lite