Brand New SmartyCam HD 2.1 Can't Update Firmware - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Brand New SmartyCam HD 2.1 Can't Update Firmware

Old 12-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach View Post

No need for two laptops with this camera, Frank. The issues are only with fw update and config transmission.

The SP3 works fine for pulling data, playing video and even using CompareMyLaps for side by side.

How many times did you change your config in your old camera at the track? You didnít need to, and you wonít with this, after itís set up.

My money is on that the camera is fine.
i actually have one configuration file for each car so i do actually change them as i switch cars before I go to the track. i also had the same problem with uploading new tracks. Iím so curious to find out whatís wring. Will report back!
Old 01-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
I have had this exact experience as Frank. This is when I try to use my MS surface laptop to do it. But if I go back to an old Lenovo laptop I have, works as expected. I believe it has to do with the type of USB chipsets that newer laptops have, but donít remember where I read this. I have tried using an external usb hub to see if that changed the problem but it doesnít.

Frank, if you have access to an older machine, give that a try. I bet it works.
Bingo!

There seems to be nothing wrong with the camera. I used an old $500 Aspire laptop and the update and tracks transferred just fine.

Problem is that this does not work with a Surface Pro 3, even with a powered USB hub. I never had a problem with my old original Smartycam and Smartycam GP. The problem is only with the new Smartycam HD 2.1. Guess I will be lugging both laptops to the track from now on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: