Notices

Kudos and thanks to Matt Romanowski

Old 07-22-2018, 11:42 PM
Mordeth
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kudos and thanks to Matt Romanowski

Thanks much to Matt Romanowski for going out of his way to help me. I only met Matt a few months ago at a Zone 1 DE at WGI for the National Instructor Training. In addition to running a phenomenal event and taking a personal interest in everyone there, Matt kindly let me borrow one of his Solo 2 units for testing for one of the days. After using it, I had to have one and placed an order with Matt about a month later, which happened to be the day before I was leaving for another event. Matt shipped it promptly to the hotel I had booked near the track, and the unit arrived before I even did (configured and ready to go and waiting for me), and before I was even able to pay him! Now that is service..

Fast forward to last week. I brought the car down to WGI for 2 days with Trackmasters and then 3 days with RTR PCA to instruct. On the second day with Trackmasters the Solo 2 DL started having some issues that I couldn't figure out. I *needed* the unit for some testing I was doing in preparation for an upcoming race, and was really bummed as I couldn't get the data I needed. I wasn't sure if it was a malfunction of the unit or of the user, so I sent an email to Matt explaining what was going on and here was his almost instantaneous response (paraphrasing):

"I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I will immediately overnight you my personal unit directly to your hotel room. Just tell me where you are staying (same place?) and it will be there by noon tomorrow".

Sure enough, the next day the unit was there (at 10:30am) and I was able to get 3 full days of testing and data with no issues and no drama.
Matt went WELL above and beyond what I would expect from any person/vendor. I buy alot of car parts off the internet and I have never experienced such personal, immediate, no-questions-asked service. Matt, who barely knows me (I've met the man once), actually cares about me and was sincerely interested in my needs and ultimately my happiness. He responded promptly and efficiently, and continued to interact with me until all was well. I know he is a busy guy and I appreciate him taking his personal time to help me. It is pretty clear to me that Matt is an honest, stand-up guy, a man of his word and he stands behind his stuff. He also has provided me detailed instructions, videos and examples of how to use the unit/software and interpret the data. He is helping people quietly behind the scenes, without advertising/boasting that he does this and at least for me it means alot. He also trusts people and he gives respect before getting it. Thanks again Matt! You are an asset to the racing and high performance driving community. I for sure owe you one.

Anthony
Old 07-23-2018, 08:42 AM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

That's the Matt we know and love. A great contributor to our community.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 757 Likes on 497 Posts

Thanks Anthony! I know the disapointment of a problem at the track, so I just do my part to fix them whenever I can. I'm glad things worked out and we got you some good data for your next race.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kudos and thanks to Matt Romanowski