Notices

Importing Aim Solo data into Dashware program

Old 07-22-2018, 07:13 PM
STi4WRC
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing Aim Solo data into Dashware program

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? I keep getting error messages when I try to import my data from my Aim Solo which I downloaded into Race Analysis 2. I'm probably the most computer challenged guy on here and I don't have any kids to ask "how do you do this" and then they would say "Ah dad that is easy, you just click here and move this file over here and blah blah blah." I can get the video loaded into the Dashware program, but not the data.Dashware is looking for a CSV file. Do I have to convert something into the CSV file? I have watched all of the videos I could find, but I still can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,793 Likes on 1,651 Posts

Originally Posted by STi4WRC
Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? I keep getting error messages when I try to import my data from my Aim Solo which I downloaded into Race Analysis 2.

Do I have to convert something into the CSV file? I have watched all of the videos I could find, but I still can't figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
You are NOT the most computer challenged person here!

open the aim file you want to marry with the video.

from the File menu on the top left of Race Studio Analysis, Select Export from the dropdown menu. Save that file to your desktop or a place where you can find it.

in dashware you’ll need to select the laps and channels you want imported, IIRC.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:17 PM
STi4WRC
AutoX

So close. I got down to where it said save or save and close, but it didn't give me any options where to save it. so I hit save and it came back with " file successfully saved" but I don't know where.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:45 PM
STi4WRC
AutoX

I give up. Does anyone in the San Fransico / Oakland area want a cup of coffee to show me how this dashware program works? I'm in Walnut Creek/East Bay if anyone can help me out.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Not an answer to your question but my recommendation is to invest in SmartyCam. I did the AiM/GoPro/dashware thing for a couple of years and it was huge time suck assuming I even remembered to turn on GoPro. With Smartycam, data is automatically overlayed on the video and you can pull and review card between sessions.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:29 AM
STi4WRC
AutoX

I'm starting to see the value of a Smartycam.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

Hey there. Let's get this sorted this week.

- Mike
Old 07-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 757 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by STi4WRC
I'm starting to see the value of a Smartycam.
People never complain about the price once they have one because the time and hassle savings are far more valuable than the savings on a cheaper, non-integrated camera.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Importing Aim Solo data into Dashware program