Notices

Would anyone find this useful?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

That's awesome! Since it's in GE I assume comparing multiple laps would be pretty easy?
Old 05-20-2018, 06:31 PM
phantom_9192
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely. In fact, I’d be happy to mess with it this coming weekend at MSRH if you’d like. I use AIM and coach with it as well. This type of visualization is very helpful for non-data savvy drivers (and super cool even for those of us who have worked around a lack of simple visualization options like this).
Old 05-20-2018, 06:45 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by phantom_9192
Definitely. In fact, I’d be happy to mess with it this coming weekend at MSRH if you’d like. I use AIM and coach with it as well. This type of visualization is very helpful for non-data savvy drivers (and super cool even for those of us who have worked around a lack of simple visualization options like this).
I might have you help test it. PM me. Andres is currently testing it at the moment. This is how it looks after a couple updates and using the google earth iPhone app. Added upshift/downshift, racing line, and speeds (trying to work out some kinks, but on the computer version of google earth you can deselect labels to clean it up) I’m using longitudinal g force when brake switch is engaged for the braking plot so it’ll still work for cars without brake pressure.

Edit: I also now use the csv motec data format from aim. So in theory this should work with motec units now, though I haven’t tested it with a motec generated csv.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:25 PM
phantom_9192
3rd Gear

My account can’t pm for some reason. Hit me up at dennystripling at gmail please.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slakker
That's awesome! Since it's in GE I assume comparing multiple laps would be pretty easy?
Somehow missed your comment. Yes, super easy.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:25 AM
Mekis
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by gtreddy

I might have you help test it. PM me. Andres is currently testing it at the moment. This is how it looks after a couple updates and using the google earth iPhone app. Added upshift/downshift, racing line, and speeds (trying to work out some kinks, but on the computer version of google earth you can deselect labels to clean it up) I’m using longitudinal g force when brake switch is engaged for the braking plot so it’ll still work for cars without brake pressure.

Edit: I also now use the csv motec data format from aim. So in theory this should work with motec units now, though I haven’t tested it with a motec generated csv.

https://youtu.be/0rfjFeUicFE
Hi

Still working on this?
What is current status?
Can I test what you have?

/Mekis
Old 11-07-2020, 10:44 PM
gtreddy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mekis
Hi

Still working on this?
What is current status?
Can I test what you have?

/Mekis

Long story short, I made quite a bit of progress after the last update, but the goal was to port it to the iPhone to use with the AIM system I run.

As we all know, AIM lied about their support for over 3 years now. I tried to reach out to get info to at least program something myself and never received a response.

All that being said, I recently started up a different project focused on dual video recording and live stream for a budget of around $150 and ended up finding an interesting device I can program to do some ML stuff (including video ML like the Garmin Catalyst) along side my other goals.

If it works out (only tested it at Hallett at the last WRL race) I’m going to encompass the data project into the video project, so it’s not dead. Will be testing at the Lemons race in Houston next weekend, so will have a better idea.

I’ll have to look to see if I even have a compiled copy of the standalone software at this point. It was a few years ago. If I do, I’ll send you a PM.

edit: I guess that wasn’t all too short....

Last edited by gtreddy; 11-07-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 05:05 AM
Mekis
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by gtreddy
Long story short, I made quite a bit of progress after the last update, but the goal was to port it to the iPhone to use with the AIM system I run.

As we all know, AIM lied about their support for over 3 years now. I tried to reach out to get info to at least program something myself and never received a response.

All that being said, I recently started up a different project focused on dual video recording and live stream for a budget of around $150 and ended up finding an interesting device I can program to do some ML stuff (including video ML like the Garmin Catalyst) along side my other goals.

If it works out (only tested it at Hallett at the last WRL race) I’m going to encompass the data project into the video project, so it’s not dead. Will be testing at the Lemons race in Houston next weekend, so will have a better idea.

I’ll have to look to see if I even have a compiled copy of the standalone software at this point. It was a few years ago. If I do, I’ll send you a PM.

edit: I guess that wasn’t all too short....
Thank for status update.
Yes please send if you have.

Quick Reply: Would anyone find this useful?