Notices

All in one paint correction kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default All in one paint correction kits

Like most here, the presence of swirl marks and light scratches has sent me on the dyi cram session of paint correction. I would have to say my car has minor swirls and scratches, but enough to make me want to fix the issues. Hundreds have posted videos, written step by step instructions, and for that I am thankful. Where I start to get confusion is with all the products they seem endless and claim to better/safer than each. I'm not a pro as what skilled detailers do is truly an art form. So what I would like is an all in one correction system that will give me a desired swirl free/scratch free car. I'd like a mild/moderate system that will be forgiving. I know there is probably a dozen or more of these kits but I don't want to break the bank. I just want a good kit that will give me the right pads, chemicals, and good results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:53 PM
TimD
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 36 Posts

Try autogeek.net they have great videos on paint correction and sell kits with all you will need. Harbor Freight sells a decent DA polisher if the others are not in your budget.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Meguiars 205 should get the job done with any good Dual Action Polisher. You'll want a polishing pad for any heavier swirls and a finishing pad for the lighter swirls.

But product choice is only part of it, you need to know how to use the DA including proper pressure, proper amount of time per panel, movement and speed.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 AM
SC Detailer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have stated, alot of variables come into play here. Is the paint soft? Is the paint hard? What color of vehicle is it?
There are systems out there. Meguiars makes a DA system that can be used on a Dual Action machine. You can pick one of those up if you want to buy and do this yourself over the years.
What about hiring a detailer to do it the first time and then maintaining that on your own?
Just a thought. Most will be able to diagnose the swirls and probably, not always, get you out for maybe less than you will spend on the equipment and chemicals.
If you still want to tackle it yourself. Look into the Megs DA system.

HUMP

Quick Reply: All in one paint correction kits