Notices

New car detailing

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car detailing

I am picking up a new 2011 meteor grey GTS cab with black roof and the black sports wheels. Build was in late January I believe.

With my other vehicles, I have usually started off with Zaino products, in this case, I am planning on a wash, clay bar, wash and a layer of Zaino AIO followed by Z2 for 2 or 3 coats. I then put the clear seal on top after curing, and maintain the shine with P21s concourse wax weekly for a month. I like the carnauba appearance a bit better. Seems a richer shine.

I have made mistakes in the past, primarily from not taping the clear stone guard and ending up with a line of wax along the edge of the bra which drives me nuts, so I will be sure to prevent that. This is a problem with the Zaino, but not the P21s.

I also will plan on using Poorboys wheel sealant on the wheels.

So, I am just posting to get opinions on whether newer products on the market might be easier or better for a paint sealant and wax? I don't know if the base colour will matter, but I have not had a grey or silver car before. Or any other tips on a new car detail.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:23 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it were me deatiling a new vehicle I would look into the newer nanotechnology coatings (C.Quartz, Nanotex, etc)

See "Crystalline Nanotechnology Coatings" article TOGWT Blog-
http://togwt1980.blogspot.com/2010/0...-coatings.html

Old 04-02-2011, 11:04 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 759 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
I am picking up a new 2011 meteor grey GTS cab with black roof and the black sports wheels. Build was in late January I believe.

With my other vehicles, I have usually started off with Zaino products, in this case, I am planning on a wash, clay bar, wash and a layer of Zaino AIO followed by Z2 for 2 or 3 coats. I then put the clear seal on top after curing, and maintain the shine with P21s concourse wax weekly for a month. I like the carnauba appearance a bit better. Seems a richer shine.

I have made mistakes in the past, primarily from not taping the clear stone guard and ending up with a line of wax along the edge of the bra which drives me nuts, so I will be sure to prevent that. This is a problem with the Zaino, but not the P21s.

I also will plan on using Poorboys wheel sealant on the wheels.

So, I am just posting to get opinions on whether newer products on the market might be easier or better for a paint sealant and wax? I don't know if the base colour will matter, but I have not had a grey or silver car before. Or any other tips on a new car detail.

Thanks.
I think you're on the right track. Any good quality wax is going to hold up for a long time if you just wash the car routinely with a mild soap, we like P21S Bodywork shampoo, good quality wash mitt, drying with a soft foam-core mf towel, and spray waxing after each wash, we like Sonax High Speed Wax.

A simple claying, polishing, and waxing is key when you get your new Porsche.

So here are some kits we would recommend:

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...its/Categories

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...its/Categories

Most popular are Adv. Wash Kit and Int. Wax Kit.

Congrats on the new P-Car and let me know if you have any more questions.

Quick Reply: New car detailing