Notices

Review of some products

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Frank A.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of some products

Hi all. I recently picked-up an 08 Targa 4s and am loving it. This is the first car in a loooong time that I have "detailed" myself. I purchased several products from detailersdomain.com and thought I would share my experience using those products (I have no relationship with detailersdomain.com).

1. Adams Revive Polish/Wax - Liquid polish/wax that was easy on and easy off, which is a huge plus for me. The paint was in good condition to begin with, but this seemed to clean it up even nicer.

2. Adams Butter Wax - Liquid wax that was again easy on and easy off. Left a nice shine. We'll have to wait and see how durable it is as it has only been on for a few weeks.

3. Adams VRT (vinyl, rubber, tire) - I used this gel on the tires. It goes on easily and leaves the perfect finish: matte with just a little sheen to it. This lasts quite a while. I am pretty impressed with its performance and durability.

4. Black Wow - I used this liquid on the textured black cowl yesterday. It did a great job of re-darkening the plastic. It rained today and it still looks great with no run-off of the product. This stuff was fairly expensive for a little bottle, but a little really goes a long way. I did the cowl with 2 pea sized drops. We'll have to wait and see about long-term durability.

5. Sonax wheel cleaner - This is great stuff! Spray it on the wheels and it comes out green. After it sits a few minutes, it turns deep red. Spray it with the hose and all the brake dust and dirt washes away. It couldn't be easier.

6. Armor All Wheel Protectant - Spray this on the wheels and they claim it repels dirt and brake dust. It did seem to work. However there are a couple of downsides. First, when it gets on the tires, which it will when it runs off of the wheels, it turns the tire brown. Second, it is expensive. It is $9 a can and I got 3 uses (12 wheels) out of it. I have a sample of Rejex coming and I am going to do a head-to-head comparison of the 2 products.

7. Einszett Cockpit - This did a great job of cleaning up the plastic on the inside. Nice scent too.

8. Sonax Leather Foam - This did a great job of cleaning/conditioning the leather seats. Easy on and off. Left the seats clean with a nice matte finish. However, it did a very poor job on the dash, and I don't know why. It left the dash blotchy and streaky. I wiped the dash with a damp MF towel and reapplied the Sonax. Same result. I am going to try the Einszett leather product and see how that does on the dash.

9. Invisible Glass - Does a great job cleaning the glass, inside and out.

That's all for now.

Regards,
Frank A.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:43 PM
angila
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice posting.Very informative details you have shared and tried to make us aware of it.It was really good to know.

BMW Angle Eye Headlights

Quick Reply: Review of some products