Notices

Black Infiniti M35-Saved from the hacks via KBPCM

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
gmblack3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JHowell37
That's because it took 15 hours to do what he did. What you have to remember is that most body shops are paid by the insurance companies who aren't going to go for this kind of stuff at all. It's not that they don't know how to do it, they just can't afford to dedicate the time to doing it right.
If you can't do it right due to time, then why offer the service? I have yet to see any polishing work from a body shop that I would call acceptable. I hope there are some out there that do it right.

With this car is was the dealer who was trying to get away with "cheaping out" by selecting a body shop who has no idea what they are doing when it comes to polishing paint. It is also ignorance on the part of the dealership. The service advisor told the client that he thought the car looked great after the bodyshop got done hacking it up more. Finally when the GM was involved he made it right.

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I should have placed my comment in context. I know several members and friends that have paid body shops to polish their cars with promises of gleaming paint. The results were scary to say the least. They were lucky to have enough paint left to make corrections and in some cases corrections couldn't be made due to burn through. In these instances the body shop is being paid to get the job done right. Just saying from experience and please do not take offense if your a body shop owner, you may not operate this way.
If the gentleman above is a bodyshop owner and does not operate this way, he is a rare case.

Quick Reply: Black Infiniti M35-Saved from the hacks via KBPCM