Notices

Arctic Silver Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Anthony...was a great success indeed...wished you had your business in in FL. Have a nice weekend
Old 03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Anthony-

How do you spray on tire shine without getting it all over the place??
Old 03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Andy,

There are several methods for Tire Shine application. The first and obvious one is to spray it but as you may have gathered it can cause some overspray to get onto areas your don't care to have dressed.

So my usual method is to spray a sponge and to then apply that to a clean tire.

My next favorite method is to apply the dressing to the tire with an air compressor and spray gun, much like auto painters use. Now this of course may not be the ideal method for everyone as they may not have an air compressor or at least have one that can power a gun.

The fix for this is to purchase a painting gun from Wagner. It's electric, needs no compressor and can be bought at Home Depot for around $60.00. It works really nice and after you get the hang of it you'll be able to apply the dressing in light coats and hardly get any overspray. It's so easy and fast you'll be dressing the neighbors cars!

I'll provide some pictures and a link shortly.

Abthony
Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll stick to my .35 cent sponge method! I don't need more complications in my detailing life!
Old 03-27-2008, 05:45 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to Andy K
Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Anthony what is the best wax to use on Silver cars?Thanks.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hey Woodranch,

It's viewed that for a brighter look many carnauba waxes work best but for a darker look many detailers reach for a polymer sealant.

If you're really not concerned about durability and don't mind waxing every couple of months then I would recommend Trade Secret if you want a paste wax -OR- another wax called "Pizazz". Both waxes are available from Top Of The Line.

The Pizazz wax is not very well known but it's a very nice beauty type wax.

Look here for both waxes. http://www.topoftheline.com/auto-wax.html

I prefer the Optimum spray wax because it's just so easy and the look is great although some may claim it "mutes" some metallics as it has a polymer in it also.

Hope that helps,
Anthony
Old 09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Maison
Advanced

Anthony - But what did you use on the Artic Silver at the beginning of the thread?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maison
Anthony - But what did you use on the Artic Silver at the beginning of the thread?

Well on this particular Porsche I used a beta product that Optimum has been working on with me for a few years now. It's not a wax nor a sealant but rather a paint coating. Think of it as a second clear coating more than a wax or sealant.

It can be waxed once the bonding time is reached (usually 24 hours) and then washed and treated on a regular schedule. The coating is basically permanent so it will be years until it wears off.

Anthony
Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

i used Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax thats on sale at www.eshine.ca ... Boy this wax is better than the $2000 Zymol Vintage that was used on my car 2 months back... i am told that Pinnacle wont last more than a month on teh car... Mine is Artic Silver tooo
Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Maison
Advanced

Thanks, Anthony. So I guessed it is not avail. to the public or not yet anyways.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Maison
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zookie
i used Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax thats on sale at www.eshine.ca ... Boy this wax is better than the $2000 Zymol Vintage that was used on my car 2 months back... i am told that Pinnacle wont last more than a month on teh car... Mine is Artic Silver tooo
Zookie - I almost bought that a few weeks ago when Autogeeks had it on buy one get one free, but I didn't 'cause I thought it's developed more for darker cars/paint. I did use Pinnacle Signature Series II, which was recommended for silver, but I had mix feelings on SSII. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Zookie - I almost bought that a few weeks ago when Autogeeks had it on buy one get one free, but I didn't 'cause I thought it's developed more for darker cars/paint. I did use Pinnacle Signature Series II, which was recommended for silver, but I had mix feelings on SSII. Maybe I was expecting too much.
maybe you shoudl have tired Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax, i am glad i did... i tell you its looks like i have a layer of shine on my car...
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Anthony. So I guessed it is not avail. to the public or not yet anyways.
You're welcome and it will most likely be a product sold to and through professional detailers.

In regards to the "best" wax for silvers? There really isn't such a thing because this area is so subjective that it comes down to what you personally like.

I can say though from experience that most carnauba waxes give the better "shimmer" when applied on silvers but even the best wax won't do much if applied down on a improperly prepped paint. Proper prep is key to your best finish.

Anthony
Old 09-30-2008, 01:19 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Anthony one other question.What is the best chrome polish to use on our tailpipes to keep them outstanding.Also what can we use on the inside of them to clean out the dirt and keep them black.Thanks in advance Anthony!

Quick Reply: Arctic Silver Carrera S