Notices

Arctic Silver Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Silver Carrera S

I haven't posted up many details lately as I just get too lazy to take pictures. I may take all kinds of BEFORE pictures but when done I'm just too tired to do AFTER pictures!

Well because I am testing and helping to develop an ongoing paint finishing product I figured I would post up the results of a detail where it has been applied. My test subject is a Carrera S with an aero kit upfront and a GT wing on the rear. It had some light marring which was taken care of by way of a 2 step rotary polish and then finishing off with a Cyclo pass.

The new finishing product was applied, tires dressed, glass cleaned, leather done and fine detail stuff taken care of.

Now Arctic Silver is pretty bright with no wax on it but we noticed that the finish was now not only bright but extremely glossy. Notice the nice reflection of the front wheel in the drivers door.

Another reflection picture

I'm very fond of this picture

Thanks for looking,
Anthony
Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 AM
truegrit
Intermediate

nice pics!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great attention to the finite details as always. I like the pic showing the wheel in reflection

Good luck with the new product
Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Thank you, much appreciated

Anthony
Old 02-26-2008, 03:55 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

I'm very fond of this picture
A great pic. Your usual great job!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:57 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Nice pics brother. The car was defiantley in the best hands
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Pats300zx
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work as always Anthony....
Old 02-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the feedback and kind comments

Anthony
Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

serious seriously good job...I have a basalt black carreraS...ur magical stuff working on dark rides? currently using Zaino
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I find my Arctic silver car looks best at dusk, or at night under lights. Silver is very un-rewarding to polish since it looks good all the time, dirty or clean!

Love the shine Anthony! What did you use to condition the tires?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AndyK
I find my Arctic silver car looks best at dusk, or at night under lights. Silver is very un-rewarding to polish since it looks good all the time, dirty or clean!

Love the shine Anthony! What did you use to condition the tires?
Hello and thanks Andy!

I used Optimum Tire Shine which was applied through an air gun and compressor. This makes it very easy to apply and economical for pro use.

Take care,
Anthony
Old 02-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cole328
serious seriously good job...I have a basalt black carreraS...ur magical stuff working on dark rides? currently using Zaino
Hello and sorry about missing your post.

Your cars final appearance depends mainly on prep work. This means getting the paint properly polished and leveled is key to a fantastic shine and gloss, no matter what your final wax or sealant is.

There are some great polishes out there, such as, Megiuars, 3M, Menzerna and Optimum. I would recommend a polisher of some sort, such as the PC, Cyclo or the new rave, the Flex machine. These are non-rotary (high speed) machines and pretty much idiot proof when it comes to using on your paint.....about the only damage you can do with them is if you dropped it on your car

A few foam pads will be needed, mainly polishing and finishing (6 inch pads) and some nice microfiber towels for removing the product residue. Your Basalt Black is a HOT color to polish out and admire, simply a beautiful color. It also is pretty good at hiding some of the marring. I'm guessing that a mild pad and a polish like Menzerna FPII or Optimum Polish would be all you would need.

If I can be of any further help please let me know and thanks for the compliments.

Anthony
Old 03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Anthony - I had one question since you seemed like the expert. After many recommendations from friends on "rennlist," i decided to purchase these products. I bought the ZAIO and clear seal, and would like to apply them this coming weekend to my 2008 Porsche CarreraS. I don't have any sort of clear bra or film on the car, but as you know, there is that stock film on the rear of the car, on the fenders in front of each rear tire. Are these products generally also supposed to be applied to this area / film? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Damian@Fi
Track Day

Nice detail as always Anthony.
That Silver looks very clean.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cole328
Anthony - I had one question since you seemed like the expert. After many recommendations from friends on "rennlist," i decided to purchase these products. I bought the ZAIO and clear seal, and would like to apply them this coming weekend to my 2008 Porsche CarreraS. I don't have any sort of clear bra or film on the car, but as you know, there is that stock film on the rear of the car, on the fenders in front of each rear tire. Are these products generally also supposed to be applied to this area / film? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello,

I really need to apologize for missing your reply and questions. I was never notified of your post via Email nor did I ever see an update to my thread. Again very sorry to have missed it, I don't want you to think I ignored your question.

In answer to your question the Zaino products you mentioned should have no problem going over that plastic film. The only product you would want to avoid is one that contains abrasives. The Clear Seal can be used over the entire area, film and paint, while I would only polish up to the edges when using the ZAIO or other polishes and waxes. Reason being is that they may contain some amount of cleaners, either chemical or abrasive, and then leave behind a slight residue which could build up along the edge.

I'm sure you have already gone about your detail and I hope it was a success!

Anthony

Quick Reply: Arctic Silver Carrera S