Notices

Brand New 997 - Before Clear Bra Install, What To Do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:35 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by detailjohn
You will however need a rotary buffer to properly remove the swirls. A orbital tends to fill in the swirl with silicone which will have to be cleaned off prior to installing the film anyways.
Originally Posted by detailjohn
At my shop, we have a couple of Cyclo machines, and a Porter Cable, both of which just sit on the shelf. If you really want a top quality finish use the rotary buffer, take your time and go through the steps properly. Swirls are easy to take out if you know what you're doing. That's what my detail shop specializes in.
Not to be a dick, but how could you own a detail shop and have made the first post in this thread that you did?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 734 Likes on 388 Posts

On the contrary, you can actually CORRECT paint flaws such as swirls, halograms, etc. with a PC if you use the correct polish and pad combo. I recommend the PC/Menzerna/Lake Country combo to all my DIY clients and the results are always consistent and legitimate. You just have to have A LOT of patience. But back to the swirls under the film, depending on the quality of the film, you WILL see the swirls if they're medium to deep. If you want to keep it simple, at a minimum, polish using something mild like p21s paint cleanser or zymol hd-cleanse and then apply a wax. This should make a noticeable difference and should minimize the imperfections so the film hides the rest. But to do it right, you will need to machine polish with a DA or have professional use a rotary to eliminate the swirls. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Brand New 997 - Before Clear Bra Install, What To Do?