Notices

ATT ANTHONY

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:51 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT ANTHONY

Hi Anthony wondering if you can tell me what pad goes with what stage wax and what speed to run with each step. Using all menzerna products have white orange and black pads and a pc polisher. Thanks in advance. Also planning to clay bar first.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 96C4S
Hi Anthony wondering if you can tell me what pad goes with what stage wax and what speed to run with each step. Using all menzerna products have white orange and black pads and a pc polisher. Thanks in advance. Also planning to clay bar first.

Hey,

Speed 6 on the PC is murder on the hands and wrists so keep it between 4 and 5 and you should be fine.

Try the white pad first before the orange and use the Intensive Polish then the Final Polish with black pad at speed 3 or 4 (if you have them). This should prepare your paint nicely for a final wax and/or sealant.

Hope that helps, if not let me know.

Anthony
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Yes i have both of those Anthony and thanks for the tips. would the final wax be the FMJ and what pad and speed. I also have the glaze where would that come into play if at all i know your not a big fan of the glazes.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 96C4S
Yes i have both of those Anthony and thanks for the tips. would the final wax be the FMJ and what pad and speed. I also have the glaze where would that come into play if at all i know your not a big fan of the glazes.
Yeah the glaze is something I'm not fond of at all and if possible just leave it out of the mix. Less headaches for you.

You can use a finishing pad to apply the FMJ or do as I do when using it, by hand. A super thin layer is all it needs. The FMJ is a fairly nice sealant and should work out great as a final topper.

Anthony
Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 PM
96C4S
Burning Brakes

Thanks Anthony for all your help.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:20 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can buy very inexpensive flood lamps to look for swirls while you work. Try Home Depot or Lowe's.

Quick Reply: ATT ANTHONY