Notices

Opti-seal Poly-seal Optimum Spray Wax??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Opti-seal Poly-seal Optimum Spray Wax??

Ok so I convert to optimum products because of info in this forum.
I was going to go with just poly-seal. then though in between wash and spray wax.
So what do I do with Opti-seal?? What is it and when do you use it? After poly-seal and before spray wax. use the spray wax after the opti-seal which was after the poly-seal.
Sorry, I just confused myself!!

any advise would be helpful. right now I have the poly and spray wax. do I get the opti-seal and if you say yes when do I use it?

remember I wash and use something else at least monthly after track events.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Check out this link.

optimumforums.org
Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically Optimum offers 3 products for protection of your cars paint.

PoliSeal is a one-step cleaner-polish-sealer. It was designed for those wanting to correct light marring in paint while leaving a glossy protective sealer behind without spending hours doing it. A great product for both the enthusiast and the pro.

Optimum spray wax is a non abrasive spray wax with UV absorbers. It's designed to be used over a properly prepped and polished surface and it can be applied to a wet surface also.

Optimum OptiSeal is a pure polymer sealant also with UV protection but contains no wax, silicone or cleaners. It can provide up to 9 months of protection.

So in order of application one could use PoliSeal, allow it to cure for the day then apply 1 to 4 coats of OptiSeal, a few hours apart for best results and then you're done.

The Optimum spray wax can then be applied every month or every other month if so desired.

Each product can also be used separate, in other words they don't have to all be used to get great results.

Hope that helps,
Anthony
Old 05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

What Anthony said!! :>)

Optimum spray wax is so easy to use.....just like a quick detailer..spray on and lightly buff off for an instant shine...just make sure to apply it to a clean car 1st! I do my acura once a month, since its so easy!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

I swear by Optimum No Rinse for quick detailing and washing.. Great product no more hose.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:58 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Ok guys thank you very much for the input I think I get it now!!
tom
Old 05-16-2007, 03:55 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

^by the way I helped a friend detail a yellow 996 recently and had some Duragloss Aqua Wax spray left over and decided to give it a shot. This stuff is only $8 by the way and the quantity is bigger than most give you for twice that. It was maybe the best result I have ever seen on yellow, it was like an instant layer of clear coat had been added. Once it dried I "sealed' it with FK1 425 spray to ward off any dust that finishing sprays in my experience often attract.
Saw it a few days later and it still looked dripping wet. That's a great 1-2 combination for post washing
http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272
Old 05-20-2007, 01:34 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by perfectlap
^by the way I helped a friend detail a yellow 996 recently and had some Duragloss Aqua Wax spray left over and decided to give it a shot. This stuff is only $8 by the way and the quantity is bigger than most give you for twice that. It was maybe the best result I have ever seen on yellow, it was like an instant layer of clear coat had been added. Once it dried I "sealed' it with FK1 425 spray to ward off any dust that finishing sprays in my experience often attract.
Saw it a few days later and it still looked dripping wet. That's a great 1-2 combination for post washing
http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=272
thanks I'll check it out!!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
awahl63
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, Duragloss Aquawax is a great product and is actually on sale right now for 4.99 at Carquests

Quick Reply: Opti-seal Poly-seal Optimum Spray Wax??