Interesting budget steamer deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 02:43 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Interesting budget steamer deal

Not that I advocate gaming the system, just relating a story...

I've been looking for a decent quality steam cleaner and--while I'd love to have one like Anthony's--I think I found one that will have adequate functionality, but on my budget. It's the Reliable t630. Looks to be a cut above the <$100 models with temp, pressure and accessories more like the $600+ models. I'm sure it's not quite as robust, but hopefully good enough for home/car use. Lots of sites have info, here's one: http://www.todayshealthyhome.com/ste...am_cleaner.htm

Here's the deal part: Currently, the t630 is on global backorder, with everyone saying it will ship in late Feb-early Mar. Anyway, everyone seems to sell it for list price: $299, except UnbeatableSale.com through Amazon, which has it for $249. They show it as in stock. So I placed the order and got the expected out of stock e-mail. Then I cancelled the order, and they gave me an additional 10% off not to cancel, making it an even better deal.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
boostfix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looking for a steamer too - ever since I read Anthony's post that showed a before and after shot of a wheel well!! Thanks for the info. The model that I have been eyeing on eBay is the TR5 steamer with a stainless boiler.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:32 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally got it. Quick review: needs some more capacity. Lasts for about 20 miuntes continuous use. The steam has amazing power though. Here's a shot from our unsealed tile sunroom floor. Vacuumed and mopped regularly, we thought we were good housekeepers. Um, no. Turns out that grout is white.

Can't wait to take it to the cars.
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

Well nice to see you got a great deal on the steamer and while I have no experience with that particular model I hope it works out great for you.

You'll find I'm sure that as long as you clean it on a regular basis it should last you a good long while.

Anthony
Old 06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Finally got it. Quick review: needs some more capacity. Lasts for about 20 miuntes continuous use. The steam has amazing power though. Here's a shot from our unsealed tile sunroom floor. Vacuumed and mopped regularly, we thought we were good housekeepers. Um, no. Turns out that grout is white.

Can't wait to take it to the cars.
Have you used it on the cars yet? How did it do?

Quick Reply: Interesting budget steamer deal