Notices

Grease on carpet from seat rails?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 10:50 AM
boostfix
Advanced

Default Grease on carpet from seat rails?

I have just finished repairing my power seat, installing a new rubber stop washers for the travel screws, and notice that the light grey carpet is stained near all the seat rails with grease.

Can this be done without a steam machine or wet carpet cleaner as I don't have either.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 02-06-2007 | 05:32 AM
TOGWT
Burning Brakes

Try (Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision Cleaner) - http://industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_prod_ext_mor.php plus hot water and a sponge
Old 02-07-2007 | 10:44 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Try Autoglym Interior Cleaner and follow it up with a steam cleaner if really bad.
Old 02-12-2007 | 02:00 AM
boostfix
Advanced

Thumbs up

Try (Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision Cleaner) - http://industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_prod_ext_mor.php plus hot water and a sponge
My special order of Extreme Simple Green (aka the aircraft stuff) showed up in time for the weekend! So I spent the day today detailing my carpets. I should have taken before and after pics....the black grease from the seat rails came out with no troubles at all. The carpet really shines now - areas that I thought were clean look even better. I then used my wet vac to rinse out the cleaner and now I have a heater in the car to dry things over night.

Thanks for the help!

Try Autoglym Interior Cleaner and follow it up with a steam cleaner if really bad.
Moe - I already had the Simple Green on order.
Old 02-12-2007 | 02:41 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

SG is the bomb - it has so many uses on those hard to clean surfaces.

Especially good for removing brake dust on wheels!
Old 08-01-2007 | 09:11 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

More on Extreme Simple Green:

Thank you for contacting Simple Green and for your interest in Extreme Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision Cleaner. In your area Extreme Simple Green® can be purchased through Grainger Supply (www.grainger.com). Grainger has a location in Philadelphia. If you’d prefer a direct shipment you could also try Aircraft Spruce (www.aircraftspruce.com), MSC Industrial Direct (www.mscdirect.com) or

RS Hughes (www.rshughes.com).

We also have a retail product that is very similar to the Extreme Simple Green® which is available at select Home Depot’s. The product is called Simple Green Pro HD and is also a non-corrosive cleaner and degreaser that is safe for use on metals and plastics and is similar to the Extreme Simple Green® Aircraft & Precision.

In addition to the enclosed information I have attached a uses & dilutions chart that applies to both the Extreme Simple Green® and the Simple Green Pro HD.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have further questions about this or other Simple Green products or uses, please feel free t contact me directly. My contact information is provided below and my regular business hours are Mon thru Fri from 8 – 5 Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Theresa R. Provolt

Technical and Customer Liaison

Simple Green

15922 Pacific Coast Highway

Huntington Harbour, CA 92649

(800)228-0709 ext 6091

Quick Reply: Grease on carpet from seat rails?