Notices

Nasty Cayenne Interior Detail

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the kind words and compliments, thanks guys.

Originally Posted by IcemanG17
More examples of excellent work! How was the paint?

The exterior....."I thought" wasn't too bad but then I washed off all the dirt and I was sadly mistaken. It looked better with the dirt on!

I was able to get the exterior looking "sellable" with a 2 step process, I'll post the exterior pictures up tomorrow if it's nice and sunny.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Tx Recon
2nd Gear

Anthony,

Nice to see the local Porsche Dealer Has a trusted and proven profesional such as you to take care of the cars they service and sell.

Nice recon on the interior.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mo
Anthony,

Great work as usual. If someone was now purchasing that Cayanne, any way to know the interior was abused/neglected ?
Not really. I mean there are a few scratches in the leather and some indented scuff marks in some areas but those look just like normal wear and tear now. One ink mark would not remove for some reason so I can only guess it's of a different ink type.....although it looks like someone tried to remove it with a brillo pad The leather is really stressed at that point.

Originally Posted by sm
Anthony,

Great job!
What did you use to clean the seat backs? And what do you recommend for dirty leather that Woolite can't clean?

Thanks!
I used a combination of of the Woolite mixture, mainly for the vinyl pieces, and Leathermaster's "Strong Cleaner" for the leather.

So I sprayed the back of the seats, agitated them with a brush, used a Magic Eraser on the ink marks and then went over those areas with my vapor steamer. The hot steam emulsifies all the dirt and grime so it can be easily wiped up.

Thanks again for the compliments

Anthony
Old 12-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911Urge
My jaw broke when I saw the before/after results. Thats way longer than the 5 sec rule.

I cant wait to see the exterior results.

Anthony, you really should consider Detailing workshops around the nation. Im sure PCA, POC or Rennlist members would pony up the cash to pay your fees for a weekend just to learn your techniques. I know I would, in fact you should come out to the PCA Parade this summer in San Diego and show off your work and hold a workshop or two.
Well that's one hell of a compliment, very humbling and appreciated.

I also think it's a great idea! I would love to share some of my tips and techniques with others, I would really enjoy something like that.

I did the San Antonio Porsche Parade some years back but not holding a clinic or anything. I detailed a few Porsches for the event and had a great time both days I was there.

I'll look into this and see if I can't get something going. Thanks for the great idea!

Originally Posted by Tx Recon
Anthony,

Nice to see the local Porsche Dealer Has a trusted and proven profesional such as you to take care of the cars they service and sell.

Nice recon on the interior.

Thank you very much for the compliment.

Glad you all enjoyed the pictures....exterior will be next.

Anthony
Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I pity the person that buys that car, I wonder if they ever changed the oil?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Urge
Anthony, you really should consider Detailing workshops around the nation. Im sure PCA, POC or Rennlist members would pony up the cash to pay your fees for a weekend just to learn your techniques. I know I would, in fact you should come out to the PCA Parade this summer in San Diego and show off your work and hold a workshop or two.
Anthony......granted I'm in norcal....BUT if you did a class-workshop in so-cal I would be there in a second!!! I would even pay for the class & pay you to do my car while I watch and learn! :>)

Luckily for me I have relatives in Westminister....so I could stay there....& come to think of it I'm sure they would pay you do detail their 07 Benz GL450.....everytime they bring it up here I do it for them.....but your quite a bit better than me!

Sometime in the spring maybe?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:59 PM
CT03911
Banned

My son and I were just sitting here laughing about that mess! Unbelievable!! What kind of people do that? I had just posted about using a Bissell simple green machine and then started to read the other threads. I would love to have a carpet cleaner like you must have because as good as the little Bissell is (for what it is) there is no way it would handle that kind of job. Fortunately we don't have a car quite that dirty in the family but friends cars that I do seem to exceed the Bissell's abilities too. Wish I could afford a more pro level cleaner.
Super work again.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
wetstuff
Pro

Anthony: Great posting. It gives us civilians something to aspire to..

Q: "After cleaning and steamed" .... Please explain the use of a steamer a little more.. Does it take out wrinkles? Does it stimulate the cleaning solution? ...how about using it to set hide foods?

Thanks again. Nice job.

J i m
Old 12-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Hello Jim,

First, thank you for the compliment.

The steamer has a multitude of functions and uses, oneof those being able to pretty much emulsify all types of dirt and grime. On this particular detail it helped loosen up the deep ground in grime that normal cleaning could not get to. You know the grime that gets into the cup holders, vinyl grooves, between seat coffe spills, etc.

The steamer will take out wrinkles also and it can be used to open the pores of leather just before you condition it. So while I would not use it in conjunction with a conditioner it does make a great "pre" conditioner prep tool.

Hope this answers your questions, if not please let me know.

Take care,
Anthony
Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG Some people really should not even consider buying a vehicle with a light colored interior. Great work as always
Old 12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anthony,

Again, outstanding work. I've detailed mini vans with this type of grime (though I've not seen ink stains in that quantity like that ever!) and it's REALLY tough work.

I truly hope you are charging high amounts to this Porsche dealership for rescuing that SUV. They could not resell that vehicle without your talents. I don't think many detail guys could clean up an interior like you did on this thing.

Hats off to you and thank you for sharing!

Jay
90 964, 84 3.2
Old 01-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

I'd never let even 1 piece of candy hint my seats/floor without cleaning the whole interior.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jay H
Anthony,

Again, outstanding work. I've detailed mini vans with this type of grime (though I've not seen ink stains in that quantity like that ever!) and it's REALLY tough work.

I truly hope you are charging high amounts to this Porsche dealership for rescuing that SUV. They could not resell that vehicle without your talents. I don't think many detail guys could clean up an interior like you did on this thing.

Hats off to you and thank you for sharing!

Jay
90 964, 84 3.2
Hey thanks for the kind and encouraging words. So far the Porsche deal has worked out great because right now we are having really nasty weather here in South Texas and I have been able to work and make money right through it.

As an update....the Cayenne sold 3 days after I detailed it

I have a really nasty and abused BoxsterS I'll be detailing tomorrow plus a Guards Red 911 for a private client which is horribly scratched and dinged. I'll be sure to take pictures but sadly they'll all be indoors.

Anthony
Old 01-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
I'll be sure to take pictures but sadly they'll all be indoors.
Anthony,

Even though the indoor shots don't bring out the best, please still feel free to post pics of these. It's great to see these abused cars come back to life!

Jay
Old 01-20-2007, 10:20 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Mmmmmm.............skittles!!

Quick Reply: Nasty Cayenne Interior Detail