Notices

Anyone feel like talking wax some more?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone feel like talking wax some more?

Looked through older posts for a while. Obviously a controversial area. I've been using P21S over Klasse AIO on my Pcar and others for a while. Love the look and love the application ease. What I am wondering now is what wax to go with for my other three cars. The Pcar will continue to get the Klasse/P21S. I want a wax that will last longer than P21S for the other cars that won't get the lovin' quite as often.
I've looked at Meguairs, Colonite, P100, Blitz and some others. I want a wax that is a paste carnuba and layers over Klasse nicely. It can't stain rubber. I'm looking for it to last longer than P21S and be in a cost area maybe a bit lower but that isn't a huge issue. Easy application is a must here.
Basically what wax do you reach for for your cars that you want to look nice but you would rather not wax more than 3x a year.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 753 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd say use Zymol Titanium. At around $70 a jar, you'll wax 3-4 times a year, and it will do more than 50 applications. You'll need HD-Cleanse to polish and don't really have to use Klasse. As long as you're washing the cars no later than 2 weeks with a pH balanced mild soap, it'll be beading up for the 3-4 months. Make sure you clay before polishing and waxing. Oh, there's no discoloration on any rubber when you use zymol waxes. I actually treat the rubber areas with the wax.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like Meguiar's #21. It's a synthetic sealant, and as long as the surface is clean (it's been washed and clayed), it lasts for a very long time. A 32 oz bottle will last well over a year and only costs around $30. I just ordered some optimum spray wax, which Anthony recommends, but haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on it. Good luck!

Steve
Old 12-04-2006, 05:32 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:48 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephenwz968
I really like Meguiar's #21. It's a synthetic sealant, and as long as the surface is clean (it's been washed and clayed), it lasts for a very long time. A 32 oz bottle will last well over a year and only costs around $30. I just ordered some optimum spray wax, which Anthony recommends, but haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on it. Good luck!

Steve
Isn't #21 just re-packaged NXT for the 'pro' market?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, #21 is a different product, both in appearance and consistancy. It has no cleaners or fillers in it at all, and it is much runnier than NXT, but it goes on very easily, especially with a DA. It sheets water for a really long time in my experience, and I like the depth it gives to clear coats. I use NXT and like it (although I know others have expressed their opposition), but on darker cars #21 is a very nice LSP. I like #26 on single stage paints, but it doesn't last as long as the #21.

Steve

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like talking wax some more?