Notices

Best way to clean fabric seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:39 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Best way to clean fabric seats?

I just bought a pair of script sport seats and I have really only dealt with Leather seats before...I would like some feedback on what products to use to "deep clean" a pair of Porsche script seats or any methods that have worked well for others.

I am going to have them recovered in leather eventually but before that I would like to try them out in my car and I figure that If they are going to spend any time in my car before being recovered they might as well be as clean as possible. Here is a picture of their current state:

Old 08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You could always call a carpet/upholstery cleaning van to come to the house.
They can clean cloth seats with the same equipment as they clean upholstery/fabric.

If you do decide to re-cover them, have you considered the black fabric used on the RSAmerica seats?
Holds up well and also holds you in your seat well.
Just a thought......
Old 08-26-2006, 02:25 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 738 Likes on 390 Posts

A REPOST FROM THE OTHER THREAD...You can use Autoglym Interior Cleaner to CLEAN the carpets once they are dirty. Works great..don't have to dilute it and it's safe for most carpets. I'd test it in a small area first. The added perk of Interior Cleaner is that you can clean the leather and vinyl surfaces too. So it makes it a great ALL-IN-One products for cleaning the interior.

Quick Reply: Best way to clean fabric seats?