Notices

steering wheel and shifter leather cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:27 PM
jsparky
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering wheel and shifter leather cleaning

The leather steering wheel and shifter are about the only areas that show any dirt on my clb cpe. natural real leather. should these be cleaned once a month and do i use a normal leather cleaner on them. jack
Old 02-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jsparky
The leather steering wheel and shifter are about the only areas that show any dirt on my clb cpe. natural real leather. should these be cleaned once a month and do i use a normal leather cleaner on them. jack
Yea these areas can get kinda mucky due to body oil transfer. On cars that are rarely cleaned it turns this milky white color....kinda disgusting really

A wonderful cleaning solution is mixing handwashable Woolite at a 6:1 ratio with water. 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite, place it in a spray bottle, grab a few microfiber towels and clean away. This mixture can be used on leather and vinyl and is completely safe.

If you want a more dedicated cleaning/conditioning solution then you'll want the Leathermaster product line. This is what I use on all of my full detail work and the stuff is fantastic. Proper Ph balanced cleaners and superior conditioners for both aniline leather and coated.

Here is a link. http://www.topoftheline.com/leather-care-repair.html

Hope this helps,
Anthony
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
jsparky
Track Day

thanks Anthony I'll give it a try jack locus

Quick Reply: steering wheel and shifter leather cleaning