Ultra Seal

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 PM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Seal

Anyone have any experience or comments about this stuff/process? It's advertised on the PCA Zone 4 website. Thanks.

http://www.ultra-cote.com/

Roger
Old 12-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Sure.....it's bogus and full of misinformation. The better sealants last about a year, tops, and then need to be re-applied.

Many manufacturers recommend that a sealant booster be re-applied every 6 months for maximum coverage and protection.

So yes, one can never need a conventional car wax again if they use a sealant BUT nothing out there will last the life of your car.

You can't replace or rejuvenate "oils" in clear coated paints (they aren't lost in the first place) and clear coat paints don't "oxidize".

"Teflon" does nothing for your car because it must be heat baked on as high temperatures. So again, full of misinformation but it is designed to make it sound great.

Anthony
Old 12-26-2005, 10:11 PM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anthony I had hoped you would reply to the post. You are undoubtedly King of the Concours and Car Care Forum. All hail the King!!

I thought the product and it's presentation seemed a bit far-fetched. I'm a bit surprised to see it advertised on a PCA website. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hope you and yours are having a nice Holiday Season.

Roger
Old 12-27-2005, 06:43 PM
NorskiePete
Track Day

Wow! I want my Guards Red 968 to look as good as your 944 in your picture! What are you using on it?

Pete
Old 12-27-2005, 06:59 PM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NorskiePete
Wow! I want my Guards Red 968 to look as good as your 944 in your picture! What are you using on it?

Pete
Hey thanks Pete. The car does look like that in person too, even better, but I can't take credit. It's a recent purchase for me. The previous 3 owners are responsible for it's condition, and they did basically 3 things: They washed and waxed it religiously (different products), they kept it garaged in a bubble (literally), and they didn't drive it, it had 8,000 original miles when I bought it this past June. I can only hope to preserve it's beauty while still enjoying it. I've been using P21S and lexol products, and some Griot's Garage as well. It's garaged with a car cover always, so far so good.

Roger

Last edited by InThePocket; 12-28-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 PM
shaynes
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

polishing and waxing are part of life, no short cuts, short cuts come in using the best products for the job with the right tools, orbitals etc, oh and knowing what you are doing.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:55 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by InThePocket
Hey thanks Pete. The car does look like that in person too, even better, but I can't take credit. It's a recent purchase for me. The previous 3 owners are responsible for it's condition, and they did basically 3 things: They washed and waxed it religiously (different products), they kept it garaged in a bubble (literally), and they didn't drive it, it had 8,000 original miles when I bought it this past June. I can only hope to preserve it's beauty while still enjoying it. I've been using P21S and lexol products, and some Griot's Garage as well. It's garaged with a car cover always, so far so good.

Roger
Damn! 8k miles?? That's like a NEW car! Wonder what the seats feel like in a practically new 944!?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 PM
InThePocket
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't know, I've never sat on them
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

D'oh!