Notices

scuff marks in clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scuff marks in clear bra

I have a few 3-4 inch scuff marks in my clear bra from hitting cones during auto-X. I know I know i'm supposed to miss the cones. They are not abrasions but are opague rub marks. What products/techniques should I try? Haven't done anything yet because I want to get some advice first.

Don't know what brand of clear bra because it was a "freebie" that the dealer threw in when I ordered my 987S.

Thanks
Brad
Old 09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have same problem with the bra on my cayenne (daily driver) dealer said try plastic polish, I have had no luck and thing keeps getting worse, will need to replace soon (2 years old)

tom
Old 09-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

If you have a polisher, like the PC or Cyclo, you can use a mild or fine foam polishing pad and a mild polish, like Menzerna Final PolishII, to try and work the blemishes out.

By hand alone you most likely won't have any success. A DA machine will deliver even pressure over the area and working with a DA is pretty much idiot proof.

Just mask off the edges of the film with some painters tape to prevent any product build up and start polishing.

Anthony
Old 09-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

Anthony- thanks- I've got some Menzerna on order and will start with that. Wasn't sure about working on the plastic.
Brad

Quick Reply: scuff marks in clear bra