Notices

Does applying more than one final coat help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Julia
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love it! What is PC (poilishing compound)? We do have a Griots clay bar. The only thing I have that is close to a polish is ColorX by Meguiers, but I can get one. What do you think is a good one? We have a couple stores here that carry a wide variety of products. Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again Julia,

A PC is short for Porter Cable. It is a single head random orbital polishing machine. Not to be confused with a rotary high speed polisher.

The PC is pefectly safe for your Pcars finish and can be at times too safe in that it does not generate enough heat and friction to do tough paint correction. It should though work just fine in your situation.

The ColorX is an OK product but I can recommend better polishes. Two companies come to mind rigt away. One is Menzerna, they produce 2 great polishes, one is a mild polish and the other is a super fine burnishing polish. The other is called Optimum polish.

My current preference is the Optimum Polish and the Menzerna super fine Final Polish II. This combo will produce excellant results, super depth and gloss. These though, can't be bought at stores but must be ordered on-line.

If you would like some links please let me know.

Take care,
Anthony

Quick Reply: Does applying more than one final coat help?