Notices

rubber preserving products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
turboGary
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question rubber preserving products?

My 87' slantnose is still 100% original and as of now the rubbers around the windows, fender trim, whale tail rubber etc... are flawless due to the fact that the previous owner never had it out in the weather and it never sat in the sun other then when driven.

What can be applied to seals and trim pieces to preserve them so they don't dry out and crack around the radius or turn chalky after time? Anyone treating there stuff regularily?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:34 AM
hamiam
Instructor

303 Aerospace Protectant is the best that I have found for such applications. Never, ever use Armor All.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
runnin' on empty
Advanced

I am a big fan of "Wurth Rubber Care" spray. I have used it for years and it keeps rubber mildew free, supple, and naturally shiny. Non-silicone formula, will help remove wax residue, dirt, and grime from rubber. Easy to apply by spraying small amount on a soft cloth, apply thin coating to the rubber, allow to penetrate, and buff any excess off with a second soft cloth.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:57 AM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by turboGary
My 87' slantnose is still 100% original and as of now the rubbers around the windows, fender trim, whale tail rubber etc... are flawless due to the fact that the previous owner never had it out in the weather and it never sat in the sun other then when driven.

What can be applied to seals and trim pieces to preserve them so they don't dry out and crack around the radius or turn chalky after time? Anyone treating there stuff regularily?

I have had very good luck with VinylX protectant. I have used it on my cars, not just my Porsche. It doesn't give a shine like some of the other products. It penetrates deep into the stucture of the rubber keeping it supple and smooth. Most car care stores have it at about 10.00$ US per spray bottle.

Quick Reply: rubber preserving products?